Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry for all the questions, :-) but where did you earth your amp? I can't seem to find an earth that doesn't end up with alternator whine and I don't want to have to drill any holes if there's something else I can use.

I've tried the factory earthing point, CD changer bracket and rear lights.

Remove the ashtray, behind this is 2 philp screws, then remove the top part of the airvent unit, you need to lever out carefully as not to break the clips holding the vents into the unit. Then you'll find aother 2 screws, you should be able to remove the radio and the A/C control unit. But I'm not sure if the Radio and the A?C controls are in the same bracket, it is on mine but mines an import.

Hope this helps

BR

Paul

• 5 months later...

Just for completeness of this thread, i've taken the oem headunit out my dads old mk1, so know how its mounted. I'm sure you've done it already, but just incase anyone else wants to know.

Its the same mounting as norkeps, both the radio and climate controls are on the same brackets.

1) remove the ashtray by pulling towards the back of the car, there are four metal clips holding it in, might need some force, but shouldn't be able to break it.

2) remove the airvents above the radio and the clock, as the clock is mounted to the vents, just pull on the vents the same way as the ashtray, be careful not to pull on the fins in the vents, i grabed the middle between them and the bottom of the vents with them pointing downwards, be very careful though.

3) after both the ashtray and vents are removed, you should be able to see two screws above the head unit and climate controls holding in the two side brackets, and two screws under the radio behind where the ashtray was, undo these.

4) pull out radio and climate controls and remove any wires

5) installation is reverse

from here if need be you can seperate the climate controls and the radio outside the car.

Hope this helps someone

Paul

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links