Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It Just Goes To Show, They Have To Be Spot On!

Bison

I recently bought my second LS400, I love the car to death but I knew it wasn't quite right. Slight hesitation when pulling off bit of hesitation between 40-50mph, and just not as smooth as it should be. Now we all know that the Lexus is the smoothest drive in the world and thatys how it should be.

After much research into what could be causing the problems I took it to my local mechanic and family friend Who works on Jag And Lexus for a job and Drives a GS300 Sport!

He knew straight away what to do. So today we got to work, New set of plugs for a start, mine were filthy and the gap was huge. basically they were shagged. Then we took tthe air filter housing etc off and looked at the throttle body. It was coked in Black carbon deposits it was so bad it had to be scraped off with a screwdriver. loads of brake cleaner later we had a free moving Throttle butterfly and a shiny silver throttle body. All that back together and it is now driving absolutly mint. smooth might I add as a baby's bottom.

Still the gearchange under load isn't as smooth as it should be, i:e not spot on but he says a gearbox oil change and some proper settin up and the car will be like it come out of the factory, As he said it's gotta be spot on, why put up with it otherwise. Just goes to Show that they need to be looked after and they will look after you.

Don't be tight get ya wallet out and do the tricky jobs, it's well worth it!!

Bison

Glad to hear you are now enjoying the car.

Yes they do need to be looked after but this has not even had basic maintenence for a while. Just shows how good these cars are though, still basically running fine even with all those problems.

Glad its all sorted...

but aren't these basic things you do after buying a second hand car.?

I've always changed plugs/oils/filters/leads just for piece of mind.

Yes mate, That's why I did it all. Like my mechanic friend who also buys and sells, A FSH, does not mean jack ****. He knows of Lexus and Other dealers who say they have done the work when they haven't. Frightening to think that this stuff still goes on.

Think about it. the guy who buys his new LS430 for £60k 9 times out of 10 knows jack **** about the car he's driving. He just books it in and picks it up and says "thankyou MR Lexus Servicing guy" then just plods off home. Not knowing things are right or not. To the average guy, my Lexus would have driven like a dream, but to us car enthusiasts who know even if there is something slightly not right, we would have picked up on the very slight problems.

Thats why you change the plugs/leads etc. For your peace of mind. Becuase you know even if it says it's been done in the service book which mine has, You can't always Guarantee it has been done. I will of course be taking this up with the Lexus Dealer who said they have changed the plugs not so long ago. Not mentioning any names of Dealers yet. Obviously for legal reason I'm going to investigate this further and listen to thier side of the story.

I'll keep you posted.

Andrew

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links