Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ride Comfort Getting Worse?

luke1313

Hi,

I've noticed that my ride quality has been slipping in the last few months. I can feel more bumps and the ride is rougher. Any ideas why? is it the shocks, springs, bushings???

What provides a smooth ride? is it the shocks or springs or a combination of the two? I'm thinking of getting adjustable shocks, something with a wide range of settings from sporty to soft. Something that will allow me to have a soft suspension (like the es300) for daily driving and a sporty stiff suspension for the weekend when i cruise with my friends.

Please educate me :crybaby:

-- Luke

2001 Auburn Sky Perl - Manutronic

What is the mileage of your vehicle and what tyre pressures do you run?

I have 96000KM on the car. I have also recently bought the Michelin x-ice 205/55R16 winter tires (a very soft tire). My tire pressure is 34PSI and i check it all the time.

Thanks in advance

Well I guess the shocks won't be as good as they were when new. Also worth getting the ball joints checked for any play in them.

If you wanted to have adjustable shocks then the Tein CS coilovers may be worth looking at. You can add an electronic adjustment (EDFC) so you can alter the damping inside the car whilst driving.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links