Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1991 Soarer V8 Ltd Japanese Sat Nav

aesculapious

hi all,

i have just bought a 1991 V8 LTD soarer and the first thing the previous owner did was to recommend me to this site. I need some help here, i want convert my japanese sat nav in UK spec. I have seen a soarer with the sat nav saying 'VIEWTECH'. how and who should i contact for this as JEM Ltd say they cant do it and i am quite sure it can be done. :driving:

thanks

hi all,

i have just bought a 1991 V8 LTD soarer and the first thing the previous owner did was to recommend me to this site. I need some help here, i want convert my japanese sat nav in UK spec. I have seen a soarer with the sat nav saying 'VIEWTECH'. how and who should i contact for this as JEM Ltd say they cant do it and i am quite sure it can be done. :driving:

thanks

it can be done but it will be quite expensive , the only person i know who has had it done is carlos sc , he has a V8 active ,i would like to have the facility but am concentrating on other things at the moment ,just fitted a dvd player into my glove box the other was under the driving seat but restricted the ability to lower the seat down to where i wanted it

Hi

I haven't visited here for ages, then when I do, there is shout for me:)

Its not possible to convert the existing satnav, but the EMV (the screen) can accept inputs via the TV tuner, which is under the rear seat. So you can buy a satnav unit with auxilliary outputs, and run them into the tuner. When you want the satnav, you just select the TV function. The only thing is that you need a remote, as you can't use the touchscreen.

The unit I have costs about £800, and is sat in the boot with a remote sensor in the cabin. I just removed the old satnav unit and sat this in the same place.

Its not a particularly easy job, you need to run cables to: a power source (under the rear seat), the TV tuner inputs under the rear seat, the remote sensor in the dash, the ECU under the glovebox, the aerial on the parcel shelf, the car's light circuits, handbrake, reverse gear selector!

Have a look here http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/forum/...ighlight=satnav

hi,

thanks carlos for the info. If i replace the old screen with the panasonic one that you have, will i still be able to have touch screen facilities like climate control, radio and other touch screen features like CD changing etc.

How are you finding that the sat/nav use with remote. I used a TOM TOM Go the other day and that one was touch screen. Do you find it easy to use with remote?

i have a japanses employee, i have asked him to email lexus in japan and ask if there is any other solution, hopefully they will get back to me soon.

thank guys :driving:

You don't/can't replace the actual screen, you just wire in the Pana satnav box into the existing screen. The remote is easy to use once you get the hang of it, you generally just set the journey before you go and leave it to guide you.

The only drawbacks with mine are that it is designed for widescreen, so you lose a bit of the sides, but I cope OK with that as your position stays central in the screen anyway, plus I really just use the voice guidance and don't watch the screen too much. Plus, you need to be on TV mode to get the guidance, so you can't listen to music while being guided! It should be easy enough to wire in the voice guidance to kick in and cut off the CD/radio when it has something to say. I'll do this when I get around to it!

Let m know if you are serious about doing it soon and I'll do some research into the units out there now:)

• 4 years later...
Hi

Its not possible to convert the existing satnav, but the EMV (the screen) can accept inputs via the TV tuner, which is under the rear seat. So you can buy a satnav unit with auxilliary outputs, and run them into the tuner. When you want the satnav, you just select the TV function. The only thing is that you need a remote, as you can't use the touchscreen.

The unit I have costs about £800, and is sat in the boot with a remote sensor in the cabin. I just removed the old satnav unit and sat this in the same place.

Its not a particularly easy job, you need to run cables to: a power source (under the rear seat), the TV tuner inputs under the rear seat, the remote sensor in the dash, the ECU under the glovebox, the aerial on the parcel shelf, the car's light circuits, handbrake, reverse gear selector!

Hi, if i can just butt in here to ask why i get no signal from my radio. There is a module missing from under the back seat on the far left behind the driver, been told its the tv tuner, there are 4 leads that look like aerial leads laying on the floor under the back seat going nowhere! they probably were plugged into the missing module and are the reason im unable to pick up any radio signal!! Anyone out there that can help?

post-15481-1243382341.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Hi, if i can just butt in here to ask why i get no signal from my radio. There is a module missing from under the back seat on the far left behind the driver, been told its the tv tuner, there are 4 leads that look like aerial leads laying on the floor under the back seat going nowhere! they probably were plugged into the missing module and are the reason im unable to pick up any radio signal!! Anyone out there that can help?

i don't know if i'm breaking any rules here, if i am i apologise to the admin, but pop over to the Lexus soarer owners club and get in touch with steve ( puremoto) he breaks soarers and can supply pretty much anything, i and many others have used him and find him most reliable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links