Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replaced Battery in key fob, pressed when got home, Zilch :sad:

Searched forum to see if anything here about reprogramming a 97 GS300, and didn't throw any light on the subject, that is if it is at all possible, or do I have to go to Lexus and have a new door ECU or whatever fitted.

All, and any ideas greatfully recieved

Cheers

Peter

Have you only got the one keyfob? I can remember on my dads old lexus we had to do it because the original keyfobs kept losing their programming (the round circle buttons, not the newer arrow open and close buttons), I think from memory you have to unlock your car with another keyfob to reprogramme the other one back in, maybe someone will pm you the info on how to do it, lexus will certainly know, not sure how much they charge though. If you have only got one remote, they'll probably have to replace the door/alarm unit in the car

I have a similar problem with my 1996 Sport which is intermittent and still yet to permanently resolve:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=18622

Read this post before I posted, not the exact same symtons

Have both Black and grey keys neither work, Both fobs flash when button held down

• 3 years later...
I can still lock/unlock the doors with the keys, but this doesn't operate the alarm like the other Series I alarm Toyata used.

I haven't made the trip to Lexus yet to see if they can diagnose and fix it.

Heres a trick

Seperate the keyfob so the Battery is seperated from the keyfob

Sit in the car and press both buttons for 20 to 30 seconds

put the barrery back on

Press the open button then the close button

Get out the car and the remote should now work

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links