Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Auto Light For Climate Control

Unfortunately the manual that accompnies the SatNav/Phone/Climate control system has various holes in explaning various items. One of them being the Climate Control System.

I'm particulary intrigued why the LED (incorporated in the Auto button, not the touch screen button) which indicates the Auto mode is active changes colour. Anyone know what the two different colours are supoosed to indicate?

thanks

D

Seems this is a fault.

Got in the RX yesterday started up and immediately got a message asking if I would agree to being re-routed due to traffic problems to which I agreed. Thought I was being taken on one hell of a long way round to get to my destination but thought I'd go with the recommendation as it's quite interesting to learn of new ways to get to places. So, one hour later I end up on my dealers forecourt. As I arrive the headlights start wandering all the place as if they're looking for someone. Then the alarm starts. This then attracts the attention of the centre manager who comes over to the car. As he approaches the rear hatch starts opening, at which point there's a beep and a message appears on the display. As I look down to try and read the message the seat reclines back. As I'm being ejected through the rear hatch I catch a glance of the message, "I'm rejecting the owner on grounds of stupidity, please find me a new one. [signed] RX"

Actually nothing wrong with the car at all. Seems I should have tied up the dimming of the display controls with the intensity of the light. Due to being colour blind I read this as green and orange, coupled with a slightly misleading comment in the owners manual (in my defence). So even though the headlights are on I forgot that the intensity of the dash illumination including this LED is not linked as with other cars I've owned in the past. e.g turn on the lights and all of the dash lights either come on or those already on dim.

So apologies for wasting your time with my original dumb question. Got to go, have to go make up with the RX by thorough warm washing with new soft mit.

br

D

Edited by Damian

Unfortunately the manual that accompnies the SatNav/Phone/Climate control system has various holes in explaning various items. One of them being the Climate Control System.

I'm particulary intrigued why the LED (incorporated in the Auto button, not the touch screen button) which indicates the Auto mode is active changes colour. Anyone know what the two different colours are supoosed to indicate?

thanks

D

Damian

Mines a 2004 300 SEL and the auto light is always green when the system is functioning. I've never seen it change to any other colour.

This is obviously a new feature on a later model.

Not much help really and you probably knew this already ;)

Regards

RxM

I also have 2005 SE, Green all the time!

mmmm :unsure:

now you have me wondering if I'm going mad! Will check again with the wife, as I'm colour blind and wondering whether it's two brightnesses rather than what I thought was green and orange. I know regardless of whether the headlights are on or not that I've seen this and I'm sure (but out of the country so can't double check the manual) that it mentions the two colours but not what they indicate.

Maybe back later for the name of a good doctor :duh:

br

d

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links