Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Off Side Suspension Noise

hi

my car for the last week (ls400 96 vintage) has been making a noise from the front off side suspension.

it is a creaky noise.

it only happens at low speed (less than 20mph), it is on gentle bumps /road undulations only.

seems to be worse after driven a few miles & car is warmed up.

does not effect ride of handling in slightest, just iritating.

took it to garage (toyota in cheltenham- ex lexus).

they think it is the shock obsorber that is causing it.

any other thoughts before i splash out on new shocks ?

It's no consolation but my 94 LS does it too.

I read that you could get the rubbers lubed up and that sorts it but i'm not asking ANYONE for my rubbers to be lubed up. It's not spoiling the ride but driving through Blacon in Chester I have to go really slow over the speed bumps and all the chav's are eyeing up my wheels. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links