Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speaker Prob

Just yesterday, I was driving my sc 400 into the gas station, where I went over a plain and simple manhole(it was covered) and it shook my car just slightly, but I had my cd player playing at the time, and ALL my speakers just stopped. Now I cant hear ANYThing coming out of them, eventhough the radio/ and cd player seem to "play" as indicated on the LCD. Rather than have alot of techs rip me up with giving me bogus inspection dues in merely checking on this sound system problem. Can anyone here help me in suggesting what the hell might of happened, like possibly a loose wire of some type) and might I be able to fix such a simple problem on my own?

If your head unit is still operating, maybe it's the amp that has lost power. You can get to the amp by lowering the panel below the glovebox - maybe a plug has come out there??

If you turn up the volume to full - do you get anything at all out of the speakers - any hiss etc??

Like Rod says, It sounds like you are either losing a connection between head unit and amp, or amp and speakers.

I would just check the connections on the amp (I dont know if they are on plugs for the LS400, but I would presume so) as this is the most likely problem.

Does anyone know if the amp and head unit are fed from the same circuit?

Originally posted by andyhart21

Like Rod says, It sounds like you are either losing a connection between head unit and amp, or amp and speakers.

I would just check the connections on the amp (I dont know if they are on plugs for the LS400, but I would presume so) as this is the most likely problem.

Does anyone know if the amp and head unit are fed from the same circuit?

No - they're fed from different fuses, and there's a junction (J18) between th fisebox and the amp. The amp is fed by a 20A fuse (radio fuse number 1 on the schematic).

If the connection between the head and amp was broken - you'd get some hiss or sound from the amp

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links