Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, this morning coming home from work my handbrake light flashed on and off randomly whilst driving normally, 5 minutes later the lights for ABS...VCS and VCS OFF all come on and stayed on :duh: along with constant tone alarm.......apart from the noise and lights the car drove perfectly......i will check the oil brake level.................does anybody have any ideas?? electrics? and thoughts greatfully recieved................thanks will

handbrake light may just be the level not coming all the way up when you release the handbrake. Try pulling it up with your hand/foot when you release it - may just need a lube.

ABS/VSC lights coming on could mean several faults so you need to get the error code read, a common fault seems to be a faulty master cylinder. Hopefully it isn't that as it costs about £1800

Thanks guys, I reset the ECU and allthe different brake warning lights come on again with the alarm - the brake fluid level is normal handbrake works fine, brakes work normally - im still confused - I will Get Lexus to read the error code on Monday............cant think of anything else??

Waited 6 mins and during the reset the car turned off the audible alarm, turned off the warning lamps and everything seems back to normal :huh: ...........these cars are not affected by the cold are they?

Waited 6 mins and during the reset the car turned off the audible alarm, turned off the warning lamps and everything seems back to normal :huh: ...........these cars are not affected by the cold are they?

Hi Will,

I had the exact same problem that you are describing with my 1999 GS 300 with 127,000 miles. The noise and lights came on and off as I was driving along with a screechy noise from the brake pump. I tried to avoid going to lexus to have it looked at because of the cost but found that no one else could fix it completely and properly. Lexus said that a computer system had gone bad and that caused the antilock brake pump to burn out.

Good Luck with it and if you don't have a warranty, bring your credit card. My bill topped $2400.

OMG think u might be right Shining no other problems, same high miles and no explaination! took it to Lexus and they said bring it in when it playing up.........then they will analyse it on the 'puter.....praying its a loose wire?? edit 'no screech noise at all'??

Again i've hit the brakes real hard to test them and nothing?..........when all the lights have come on have been real exterme G corners suggesting loose wires (RARE FOR TOYOTA)..........any more idea s greatfully accepted.......dont wanna pay for a new servo or ABS system .............(.starts praying)

thanks anybody :(

Thanks nick F,

sounds like the same prob...........from work drove the car to the limits and no dash warnings?? what is going on?....took it to Lexus Hatfield and thay said 'please bring in when playing up'....but no problems now.....has anybody had previous loose connections?

thanks will............and much appreciation :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links