Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Very Warm Air In Cabin When Windows Down

just1

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me. I've got a 91 Ltd recently. Still under warranty so I would take it back to get it fixed if I have to, but I don't want the dealer (who I don't think knows much about soarers at all) to muck around with my car if I don't have to. Ok, the problem:

Whenever I have the window down or sun-roof open etc, cabin pressuse is lost (obviously) and very warm air starts to rush into the car. The aircon / climate control is off, vents are set to recycle, so I know it's not the vents. Seems to me there is a leak somewhere in the firewall, hence warm air is rushing in. The problem is less obvious with the window slightly open, but more so when both windows are down fully and crusing at higher speeds. When all windows are up and sun-roof closed, there is no warm air rushing in. Anyone experienced this?

Only problem I have in otherwise a fantastic car!

Thanks.

Justin

i take it you have tried turning the temperature down to minimum via the knob on the centre consul try this with the aircon switch on and the vents set to outside air, the V8 is notorious for being hot in the summer so air con is a must but i get good cold air into the cockpit using the method above ,if this does not work get the heater valve checked out ,this is situated top right hand side of the engine on the bulk head it has a round long knob like thing on the top of it ,it could be that it is not functioning properly and has had the pipes swapped over to produce heat only

Hi Soramad, yes, have turned the temp down to minimum. It can be a very cool night and I still get warm air coming in when the windows are down. Even with vents set to recycle. Aircon/Heating works a treat. Any other ideas?? Cheers.

the other thing that comes to mind is that the vent flaps are not changing over, as i can't see that any hot air can come through the fire wall there would be allsorts of engine smells coming in with it , the transmission tunnel however can get quite hot and generate a lot of heat inside the cockpit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links