Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

MacRS200

Spent about and hour on the phone to Direct Line tonight (40 mins talking to someone) and asked for quotes on various performance mods. From induction kit to s/c for IS200. During convo with helpful girl she said "I also have 11% to 20% increase in power".

Cutting a long story short seems to work this way.

% extra power - % increase in premium

up to 10% - 15%

11 to 20% - 25%

21 to 30% - 35%

31 to 40% - 45% based on 35% extra for s/c

This is +/- 0.5% so would imagine that this is fairly typical if anyone wants to use as a guide for mods. Always use the standard BHP as the base for % increase :excl:

Not as quite as simple as that old bean,

Some will accept "exhahust mods" as just a back box. Others will hammer you for a manifold (header pipes).

Or, some will accept suspension mods to include all. Whereas others will discriminate between springs and coiovers

Check 'em first

ps Flux gives discount for LOC Gold

Some will accept "exhahust mods" as just a back box. Others will hammer you for a manifold (header pipes).

Or, some will accept suspension mods to include all. Whereas others will discriminate between springs and coiovers

Check 'em first

Didn't say universal from Letchworth to Oxford.

Direct Line always ask %BHP increase for any engine mods.

Suspension has 2 cats "uprated and Sports" with DL

Depends if you lie or don't tell the whole truth I suppose

Check 'em first

You mean i have to tell them that its lowered also? As if they dont get enough money from me already :crying:

Check 'em first

You mean i have to tell them that its lowered also? As if they dont get enough money from me already :crying:

Yeh my PI's cost 90 quid on the insurance :o

If you don't tell em bout ANYTHING not standard and they find they prob won't pay out :tsktsk:

Thats how they are

definately go to flux, they know what the mods are and are not scared of them either. 10% more power = 10% increase in premium.

Somethings dont incur any extra cost - vents, bodykit etc etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links