Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Breaking

I recently painted the callipers on the is200 and added the standard Lexus "L" and also the Full "Lexus". I don't know but since I added this mod I have found that breaking causes the steering wheel to judder?

Could there be another reason for this, rather than it being the calliper paint and stickers?

I recently painted the callipers on the is200 and added the standard Lexus "L" and also the Full "Lexus". I don't know but since I added this mod I have found that breaking causes the steering wheel to judder?

Could there be another reason for this, rather than it being the calliper paint and stickers?

are you sure you fitted the pads around to the right discs andf if you took the discs off the same applies or have you possibly got paint near the pistons

I painted the callipers without removing from the car.

I masked of the area I didn't want the paint on. I painted the callipers with a black smooth Hameright paint. No contamination of paint was placed upon the area of the discs or pads, however the air vent holes (i think thats what they are) had a little paint on the inside, however no paint went any further?

There isn't a mark on either the discs or the pads. I was quite specific when taping off the area not needing paining.

I am worried that the tracking may be out? Could this be the problem or am I just paranoid about the painting situation??

There isn't a mark on either the discs or the pads. I was quite specific when taping off the area not needing paining.

I am worried that the tracking may be out? Could this be the problem or am I just paranoid about the painting situation??

see if it wears off like mike said if its still there in 100 or so miles then worry

Can someone explain more about the wheel nut situation. I thought that when you put a wheel on, its on?

Do I now have to do something specific to put the wheels back on the car? If so can someone please explain how I can do it properly.

Thanks.

make sure it is seated properly, nip up the nuts, and dont just go from one nut to the other in a circle, tighten gradually always tightening the nut opposite. wheel nut torque is 70lb/ft use a torque wrench!

make sure the seating faces are clean on both the wheel and hub, nuts should diagonally gradually tightened with the wheel raised and finally torqued when on the ground.

although i also would suggest there is contamination on the disc, a check can be carried out for both poorly seated wheel, and disc contamination by raising the wheel, spin it and either look along it to check for warpage, if this is ok, have a colleague to v lightly brake whilst the wheel is still able to be turned by hand with resistance, is there a spot where there is a lot less resistance, should these checks prove ok, then i would suspect warped discs which can be checked yourself be removing wheel (always work on axle stands btw) spin the disc and place a screwdriver tip or similar against the disc face and rest it on a reference point (part of the caliper) you will be able to tell if there is obvious warpage, (front disk warpage is much more common on automatic cars).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links