Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Speaker Sound Quality

hi people not sure if any one read my previous posts about my stereo problem

basically my lexus stereo packed up eating all my cds with it and lexus wont change it

so i visited a local stereo shop near me and they can basically put me in a stereo witht he fascia adaptor ( i have a sport model) so they gonna by pass the amp etc and wire it all up as it should be

but i have a few questions?? will the sound qulaity be as good thru a decent head unit as it is now? any one done this yet witht he amp and by passed it??

any tips suggestions advice is welcome also can i upgrade the speakers in my car or is this going to be a pain?

thanks people thinking of putting a new pioneer stereo int here i have booked it in for next week so plenty of pointers before then will be good

i only have the S model so can't comment on the quality after bypassing the Amp, but after getting my Kenwood unit fitted i have noticed an amazing difference from what it was like before.... but i didn't have the amp originally. Someone should be able to help???

jason :P

Hello Mate

Just bear in mind that the rear 6x9's are in thery 2 set's of speakers, mid/high's & a sub, this gives you the 8 speakers, the sub is also rated at 2 ohm's so will draw more power from the new head unit so I think it may sound a bit bad.

Your best bet would be to use a passive crossover for the front components & replace the rears with a new set of 6x9's, could work out quite expensive for just replacing the head unit.

Have you not thought of looking on flee bay for a second hand IS stereo?

Let us know how you get on anyhow & good luck!

Stuart

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links