Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help

bobnic

hi i own a Toyota Altezza RS200 Z ED (IS200) i'm having a problem with an annoying sound coming from the car, it a a strange watery type noise i hear when i turn on the engine and it gets louder sometimes when i rev the car. the sound sounds like it's coming from the front somewhere in the dash or engine bay. i took it to a mechanic to have a look and he said its the water pipes for the air conditioning making the sound. but when i first got the car that sound was not there i was wondering if anyone would know what that sound means and if there is a problem. or can anyone give me some advice how to get rid of that annoying sound

hi i own a Toyota Altezza RS200 Z ED (IS200) i'm having a problem with an annoying sound coming from the car, it a a strange watery type noise i hear when i turn on the engine and it gets louder sometimes when i rev the car. the sound sounds like it's coming from the front somewhere in the dash or engine bay. i took it to a mechanic to have a look and he said its the water pipes for the air conditioning making the sound. but when i first got the car that sound was not there i was wondering if anyone would know what that sound means and if there is a problem. or can anyone give me some advice how to get rid of that annoying sound

Hi lad,

I am having the same problem in that i hear a noise coming from behind the glove compartment. This only happens when the engine is cold. I think its the pipes warming up. BUT if anyone is having any other ideas in relation to this please help. When im in traffic and turn the radio down i get a slight noise from the dash. But it goes after a while.

Sean

First, change the subject of this thread to something that reflects it's contents - "Watery sound from behind dash" perhaps. This way you're likely to attract the attention of people who can help or who are interested.

Okay, now, I hear this noise too. I've always just figured it was the air conditioning system working away. Never assumed it was a problem. Will be interesting to hear other people's thoughts on this.

ok sorry for tte poor titles i'm new to the club :blink:

oh and i found a solution to the problem someone in the forum suggeted me this

to solve this problem try filling the coolent box up to the max the box is located right behine the radiator i filled it up and took it for a test drive and problem solved sound is gone

• 2 weeks later...
ok sorry for tte poor titles i'm new to the club  :blink:

oh and i found a solution to the problem someone in the forum suggeted me this

to solve this problem try filling the coolent box up to the max the box is located right behine the radiator i filled it up and took it for a test drive and problem solved sound is gone

Hi bobnic,

My sound is after getting very noticeable. Can anyone tell me what type of coolant to get?. Many thanks lads. bobnic was the sound coming from around the glove compartment?.

Sean

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links