Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Us Red/clear Rear Cluster On Uk Car

Am thinking about fitting some of the read and clear rear clusters available in the US, but to my non-Import UK car. Being that the inner (boot lid) clusters are wider on US/Import models, I'm guessing I will need to create new mounting holes in the boot lid.

I do note that the bootlock is also in the rear inner cluster, so will this cause me an issue with relocating the bootlock hole as it will move over accordingly with the wider cluster?

Any thoughts or advice?

The lamps need no real modding if going on a MK3, but you end up without a rear fog light, you can put a red bulb in to simulate a fog light but its not as bright (no internal reflective chrome). Also the bulb holes have to be trimmed to take a UK bulb. These lamps were for the Japanese market and they use a slimmer capless bulb. No messing with wiring is required if you use the old bulb holders and trim the lamp.

The same goes for the Mk2 set but the inner lamps with the key hole are wider.I didn't end up using the inner set for two reasons, the MOT man failed me for a fog lamp and my number plate would not fit between the lamps. they have smaller plates oversea's. Its only about an inch but it looks OK with the original red inner cluster and a Red/White outer cluster.

I cant post any pics of both cars (me is thick) but if you leave your email I'll send some if you want

Can confirm what Tony says as I recently fitted these to my MK3.

No problems with the bootlock on mine.

I would say it's a bit of a pain having to trim the cluster to make the UK bulb fit.

Looks like come MOT time I might have to put the old inner clusters back on!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links