Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Automatic Level Control Alc Behaviour Changed?

cllarky

Hi All,

I have had my SC430 for a month or so now. Its an early 2002 model bought from a Lexus dealer nearby. I took it in last thursday so they could program in a new spare key; this took about an hour and a half although I have had no explanation why.

On driving back home I noticed that the way the ALC on the stereo works has changed. At first I thought it was just took loud as I got on the motorway so I turned it down a bit. I then got up to a decent speed and it seemed too quiet.

It seems now that at 40-70mph the level is too high (over compensating for road noise) and then 80+mph it is quieter. (maybe back to a normal level)

Lexus have had my car for most of today, told me they have reset all the electronics by removing the Battery for 15 mins and that it is fixed.

Almost half a tank of fuel gone and its exactly the same.

I think it is suspicious that it took so long to get the key programmed and I wonder what they have been messing with. I don't know whether the ALC is something built into the head unit or something which can be messed with when they plug a laptop into the car..

Is it possible that some sort of 'firmware upgrade' has had an effect on things? Maybe there are different settings for later tyre types? (mine has run flats).

Things were perfect music-wise before I took the car in and I am regretting them messing with it. Part of the problem now is that they obviously can't hear the difference, or the increase/decrease in levels.

What should I do? Anyone had a similar problem or can shed any light on this?

thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links