Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do You Rest The Gs300 Audio - Model P3705

Hi all!

I've just brought a Lexus GS300 (1994) and it has the Lexus P3705 audio installed with CD changer etc. The chap who I brought it from had it stood around for a little while and thus when I have now charged the Battery etc the audio displays the letters 'SEC'. I phoned Lexus and they advised me that it doesnt have a security code, but it will require resetting (at £37+VAT). Can anyone advise me on how to do this myself?? I cant see how resetting the audio should cost that much, or infact that it is practical. I want to replace the Battery next week, and therefore it will need resetting again!! (ARRGGH!) Unfortunately I dont yet have the lexus audio guide with the car to look it up.

Help, its too quiet in my car!!

Jon :driving:

The security code has been set by one of the previous owners. It can be customised, or disabled. I no longer have a Mk.1 GS so I'm afraid I can't tell you how to set, change or cancel it.

You'll need:-

User manual (it's fiddly to do)

THE CODE (ask the former keeper(s))

If SEC appears on the display it means you have set to a 3 number security code.to do this use the following steps.

When Sec appears on the display press the left side of the 1-2 buttonwhile holding the upper side of the tune-seek button in "---" and the tape operation indicator will appear on the display.

Next input your indentification number by pressing the 1-2 buttons(1,2) and 3-4(3) buttons repeatedly,use the left side of 1-2 button for the first digit, the right side for the second digit,and the left side of the 3-4(3) button for the last digit.

Hope this helps.........................That will be £5 please :hehe:

Welcome to the club :D

• 4 years later...
Hi all!

I've just brought a Lexus GS300 (1994) and it has the Lexus P3705 audio installed with CD changer etc. The chap who I brought it from had it stood around for a little while and thus when I have now charged the battery etc the audio displays the letters 'SEC'. I phoned Lexus and they advised me that it doesnt have a security code, but it will require resetting (at £37+VAT). Can anyone advise me on how to do this myself?? I cant see how resetting the audio should cost that much, or infact that it is practical. I want to replace the battery next week, and therefore it will need resetting again!! (ARRGGH!) Unfortunately I dont yet have the lexus audio guide with the car to look it up.

Help, its too quiet in my car!!

Jon :driving:

Hi Jon,

I had the same problem, heres what to do, if you have the code, if you have not got the code IT IS THE LAST 3 DIGITS OF YOUR CHASSIS NUMBER

1. Switch ignition to "ACC" position.

2. Press and hold button1,6,and the power button.

3. In thr radio display will appear "SEC".

4. Push and hold "Tune " button upwards and press button "1".

5.You should now see "---" in the radio display.

6.Press button "1" to enter the first digit of your code, Button "2" for the second digit and button "3" for the third digit.

7.Press the number repeatedly until the desired number appears e.g. if your code is 246 you will need to press button "1" three times as the numbers start at "0" button "2" five times and button "3" seven times.

8.Once your CORRECT code is entered on the display press and hold "SCAN" until the radio switches off.

9.Switching it back on should now be operating as normal.

9a. If after pressing "SCAN" the message "ERR" appears followed by a number then you have entered the wrong code, the following number will indicate the number of wrong attempts you have made, go back to step 4.

WARNING, The wrong code mat be entered up to 9 times, DO NOT ENTER THE THE WRONG CODE FOR THE 10TH TIME AS THIS WIL DISABLE THE RADIO AND THE DISPLAY WILL READ "HELP" AND LOCK OUT THE RADIO FOR GOOD, CONTACT LEXUS FOR HELP.

If you don't know the code, there is nothing you can do other than pay someone to clear it. It is set by the owner when or if they enable the code. As mentioned, you get 9 goes at entering the code before the whole thing fully disables, so make sure you have your lucky underpants on if you are going to try and guess the code :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links