Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all..... :D

I've ONLY been a member 11 months and this is my 1st question... took the plunge after answering a guys question regarding Superguard and whether it was worth the cost. :shutit:

Anyway to my question. I have a 2002 GS300 and with the onset of colder days I fancy cool air coming thru the vents, without using air con and having the windows open.

My heater/cooler control only goes down to 16°C and no lower. As it's basically a computer, can I set the output to colder than 16°C by over-riding the temp control? If so how, or does it have to be done by a Lexus garage?

Thanx for all your info this past year, I've really enjoyed reading the answers, so keep up the good work.

If I remember correctly, a while back, there was a report on a program (watch Dog or something like this) about A/C's etc causing Frost bite and when using temps below 16, don't think there will be any way of overriding this. I have had froozen parts on the windscreen when using my A/C at the 16 mark, also had problems when using the normal blower on the 16 as well, windows starting to mist up when the blower was turned down or off.

Hi,

With Auto Button on

With the temp set to the lowest setting say 16 on your car...mine only goes down to 18 the heater/blower unit will blow the coldest air it can until the temp in the car is down to say 16 on your car,so if the temp outside is higher than 16 then it will blow max cold until then with the windows down it will stay blowing its coldest air.If you use the A/C then you will have the max cold air the A/C can produce until its down to 16 in your car,so if you have the windows down with A/C on then it will carry on with max cold.This is with the setting on Auto.

When not using the Auto button....

If you have the fan on max and have temp on 16(lowest)it will blow the coldest air it can weather A/C on or not,it will blow max cold until you turn it off weather windows are up or down.So to get the car really cold inside dont use the Auto Temp button.

Does all that make sense :D

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links