Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Braking Problem

I just had 2 new front shock absorbers fitted to my IS300 under warranty but ever since I got it back on Friday the braking seems strange.

When I have nearly got full right steering lock and I am braking(example doing a 3 point turn) when the car is nearly at a standstill the brakes seem to release for a split second as though the wheels have locked up and the ABS has released brake pressure then braked again,there is also a creaking groaning type of sound. I have done this on several different types of road surface and it happens nearly every time but it does not do it when using left lock.

Anyone have an Idea what might be causing it?

I bought the car from Lexus Liverpool who were ok but I have had it into Lexus Carlisle a couple of times lately and they have been excellent.The Battery failed after 6 weeks of ownership and they replaced it as a good will gesture because it wasn`t covered by warranty.

When it was in for the Battery to be fitted I asked them to check the suspension as there was a very slight knocking noise now and again and they said it was coming from the shock absorbers so they fitted new ones no problem.

Slightly off topic,the car is a 51 plate and I got 12 months Lexus warranty on it,what paperwork should I have for the warranty cover and RAC membership etc?

All I have got from Lexus Liverpool was a receipt and the log book a couple of weeks later.

Should I have got an RAC membership pack in the post?

I was told that it was going to be checked over by the RAC and given a report before I bought it, should I have got a copy of this RAC report too??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links