Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Hear Noises........

Drummerboy

Gentlemen your help please.......

In the last couple of weeks my car has started to make strange gurgling noises when idling, seems particularly prevalent just after starting up :crying:

It sounds for all the world like the noise you get from one of those bottled water coolers when you take a glass full and the air bubbles up through th water if you know what I'm talking about? (either that or my car has serious indigestion :lol::lol: )

All temp guages etc are normal and no other symptoms are showing, just wondering if anyone else has had similar noises? Want to put mind at rest :blush:

Just had the exact same problem with my IS last week. The fix is simple, the coolant level is slightly low in the radiator probably not by very much but it does need topping up. Mine did this because the expansion tank was dry so coolant could not be sucked back into the radiator as it cooled.

Simply remove the radiator cap (when cool !) and top the radiator up with coolant, replace cap, then check that coolant can be seen to be half way up the expansion tank by looking at the window in the back (check owners manual for the location of this). When hot the radiator can push coolant into the expansion tank so it needs to be able to suck it back in when it cools. Check the little thin hose from the side of the radiator cap to the bottom of the expansion tank as this can cause the same problem if it is split, perished or loose ! :winky:

• 2 months later...

Fluff,

So I checked the rad / expansion tank levels and all seems ok there........... gurgling is getting worse so must be heating matrix then?

Will Lexus know all about this issue? Is it common problem? If I just mention it when dropping in for service should they be able to fix?

Not a big deal I hope? :crybaby:

Sent dealer emil with pics re corroding alloys so want to get service done and alloys replaced in one go.

On mine one of the rad hoses was slightly leaking, - I noticed the gurgling before I noticed it needed topping up. All fixed by new clamps and topping up.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links