Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delivery Date

oldcro

The Mole said Lexus ordered all the cars they thought would sell for the first batch to arrive in the UK. Fair enough, but there is something wrong here. Many customers like myself ordered their IS250 well in advance, so why aren't those cars sent first?

Lexus Japan have had months to build the cars ordered and deliver them but chose to build and send models someone thought people wanted. Does not say a lot for their legendary first class customer relations service.

Oldun :crybaby:

mmnnn, I was looking at a BMW325 before chosing Lexus, wondering now if I have made the right decision ordering an IS 250? Although due for delivery today, only a single call this morning informing me of a delay, then nothing! Lets wait and see what happens.

Update- Phone call to say a 48 hour delay is possible, loan car offered until the new car is delivered, so all is well with customer service @ Lexus Croydon.

I paid my £500 deposit back in August and was told of a mid-Nov delivery date.

4 weeks ago I was advised the date would be more like early Dec due to the likely need for some retrofits when the cars land in UK. Dealer believed that the specs may not be correct from Japan. This might involve factory fitting any extras that were missed off the orders.

Two weeks ago I saw the car in the flesh at the showroom and was told it was looking like the cars are to correct spec and will be with them late Nov.

Called today and no joy on getting a firm date. I was told 8 cars are being chased, one of which is mine.

Lexus dealer is calling me tomorrow with an update. Must say I am not impresed. My old IS200 Sport is going back to them when we exchange cars, but TAX disc runs out end of Nov. A late delivery will mean I have to pay road Tax for the car I am exchanging, therefore putting me financially worse off.

I hope the call tells me the delivery date is before month end. Anybody got a good way I should get Lexus to pay for the road tax if their deliveries cause me extra expense?

The Mole said Lexus ordered all the cars they thought would sell for the first batch to arrive in the UK. Fair enough, but there is something wrong here. Many customers like myself ordered their IS250 well in advance, so why aren't those cars sent first?

Lexus Japan have had months to build the cars ordered and deliver them but chose to build and send models someone thought people wanted. Does not say a lot for their legendary first class customer relations service.

Oldun :crybaby:

i ordered my car on 17/09/2005 paid my deposit ,i have a compliment slip guaranteeing me a november car

i got a phone call saying delay until 15/12/2005

i later chased for an update and got told sometime in jan 2006

i then contacted drivethedeal.co.uk with the exact spec i had ordered they knocked £ 1500 off the price i was paying and guarantted they could deliver the car (from a lexus main dealer) before 1/12/2005

i then rang lexus back with this information and to cancel my order

i got a phone call off lexus saying that my car will now be delivered on 1/12/2005 !!!

makes you think that our cars are being sold to other people to secure orders and us poor people who have already firm ordered are having to wait also i never had a test drive (lots of promises ,we will ring you later to sort one out ) seems to me because i ordered early i am being treated second best

must be my suspicious mind

also as i

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links