Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello...new Member Would Appreciate Your Advice

Simba

Hello Fellow Lexus Owners,

I have recently joined this club, and although have had the Lexus (Strathcaron Blue IS 200 SE) for a while now, this is my first post and therefore have a few questions for anyone who can help:-

1] Living in the West Midlands, I usually deal with Lexus Birmingham and was curious whether the LOC Gold members discount would apply at this dealership or what exemptions they have in place?

2] The car has had some bodywork damage to it - first one was a white Iveco LGV that decided it would be nice to change lanes mid-roundabout in an attempt to try to rearrange and apply a different colour to the driver's side rear quarter panel and bumper. The second 'ding' happened at an Asda car park when, and I can only presume this, some stupid soccer-mum in a 4x4 decided she knew nothing of parking or how to drive and ran into the driver's side front wing and bumper and covered it in silver paint (my partner and I were in the store when this happened and no, the CCTV did not cover the area where we had parked). So I took the car for repair appraisal and have got quotes from two different places.

Has anyone got any info on Clarke & Evans (quoted £1200 with, wait for it, £865 for labour charge) or a place called Colour Correction (around £460 all inclusive). As you can see there is a significant monetary difference and I am not sure which one to go for. I am not sure whether this will help but unfortunately I will be forking out the money myself rather than claim from insurance because I would lose two years of my no claims discount, and I would pay the excess charges as well and the whole nightmare of dealing with the claims department is too much at present.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading what I imagine will be a long laborious read for many.

Hello Fellow Lexus Owners,

I have recently joined this club, and although have had the Lexus (Strathcaron Blue IS 200 SE) for a while now, this is my first post and therefore have a few questions for anyone who can help:-

1]    Living in the West Midlands, I usually deal with Lexus Birmingham and was curious whether the LOC Gold members discount would apply at this dealership or what exemptions they have in place?

2]    The car has had some bodywork damage to it - first one was a white Iveco LGV that decided it would be nice to change lanes mid-roundabout in an attempt to try to rearrange and apply a different colour to the driver's side rear quarter panel and bumper. The second 'ding' happened at an Asda car park when, and I can only presume this, some stupid soccer-mum in a 4x4 decided she knew nothing of parking or how to drive and ran into the driver's side front wing and bumper and covered it in silver paint (my partner and I were in the store when this happened and no, the CCTV did not cover the area where we had parked).  So I took the car for repair appraisal and have got quotes from two different places.

Has anyone got any info on Clarke & Evans (quoted £1200 with, wait for it, £865 for labour charge) or a place called Colour Correction (around £460 all inclusive).  As you can see there is a significant monetary difference and I am not sure which one to go for. I am not sure whether this will help but unfortunately I will be forking out the money myself rather than claim from insurance because I would lose two years of my no claims discount, and I would pay the excess charges as well and the whole nightmare of dealing with the claims department is too much at present.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading what I imagine will be a long laborious read for many.

Clarke and Evans are a good bodyshop but i am afraid i don't know of Colour Correction. I know C&E deal with a few Lexus and i haven't heard of any complaints.

Welcome to LOC.

I do hope you enjoy stay here and tap into the vast amount knowledge available to you through the club members.

We do not disclose GOLD discounts to members. All I can say is it's worth every penny.

:)

Welcome to the club

sorry to here about your car

don't know nothing about the body shop's as I'm miles away

all I can say is

have a look at the work they do (other cars)

does it look the place you would be happy to intrust in your car

check the finish of the paint work

whats it look like smooth/rippled/run's

are these back street companys or pro's

you can ask to look around at the quality of there work

if there good they shouldn't have a prob showing you

just my 2 pence

or ask if any other LOC members have used a spray shop in your area

Hi

Used Clarke and Evans for bodywork repair to the front wing and bumper of my Astral Black IS200 Sport. Can't fault the quality of the repair but was very unhappy over the colour match. They were recommended by the B'ham dealership and after 8 months of messing about I got nowhere and have been forced to live it.

Everyone seems to think that Black is easy to match, if that's the case I wouldn't trust them with Blue.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read and provide feedback

You have definitely helped. I guess its time to get on with the inevitable and hope for the best and simultaneously be prepared for worst...hopefully it wont be worse than the state it is in now..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links