Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

i`m new here so ........hi everybody!

Can i have some advice on buying an LS400 please?

what to look out for e.t.c.

series 3 (94 ish???) i hope. but it might have to be older,

I`ve been looking at an old E class Merc, and a couple of Jaguars e.t.c. but you don`t seem to get much for the money, so i looked at Lexus,

wow :driving: a V8 for about £1500

now that simply has to be worth further investigation.

what is the approx power output? of say a 1991 model,

is the fuel consumption really good, mid to high 20`s? is 30 mpg possible? i know it`s a V8, so it`s not going to be any more is it?

Are there any major pitfalls? electrical gremlins or overheating problems to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, a V8 for £1500 with a worn out, sloppy suspension and blacked out climate control display. 241bhp for the 1991 models. These are very, very expensive cars brand new and cost a fortune to maintain in tip top condition. The older models in particular are very high maintenance, something that the 5th or 6th owner would typically overlook. Have a browse of this forum, many people have already answered your questions in earlier postings.

Yeah, a V8 for £1500 with a worn out, sloppy suspension and blacked out climate control display. 241bhp for the 1991 models. These are very, very expensive cars brand new and cost a fortune to maintain in tip top condition. The older models in particular are very high maintenance, something that the 5th or 6th owner would typically overlook. Have a browse of this forum, many people have already answered your questions in earlier postings.

Thanks for the reply maneesh,

.....So if i asked for your opinion, you would say don`t buy one then?

do you think that`s why no one else replied to my post?

hi,

i would say go for it these are ones of the best cars to drive in the world if you can get a good one.But as Maneesh says these were very expensive cars to buy when new and at the end of the day you get what u pay for.As far as i know mk 1 week point was A/c temp and clock blacking,and cd player probs.Mark2 as above and bad dash problems.Also with cars of that age with average mileage expect suspension probs theses can be very expensive.as for the mid to high 20's he he he try 15 round town and 22 on a run .all said they are one mother f--ker of a car to own.

Regards Andy :D :driving:

Buy at that price range, but hope you have a massive savings account to keep up with maintainance. 15mpg around town, early 20-25 on a run. Those cars are VERY heavy, so any car with 100k plus should have had the entire suspension overhauled (upwards of 2 grand). Climate control display darkens, such that you need to spend 200 quid getting it fixed. One of the world's finest cars, but just too many neglected cars out there, especially at the price you want to buy for.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm... Sound advice. I'm also after a "cheap" LS. Don't expect the earth from ir but would like to do 30k in it without major trauma. Drive it stread not racing pace. warm it up gently and no racing starts. Service it locally and make sure the oil is always taken care of.

I'm hoping for a fairly trouble free existence. but I am going to have a £1k Per year running fund and if it eceeds £7-800 on one job then I will canibalise it in the garden and buy another one... at this price, why not?

Meanwhile you are driving around on a slightly soiled magic carpet.

Hmmm... Sound advice. I'm also after a "cheap" LS. Don't expect the earth from ir but would like to do 30k in it without major trauma. Drive it stread not racing pace. warm it up gently and no racing starts. Service it locally and make sure the oil is always taken care of.

I'm hoping for a fairly trouble free existence. but I am going to have a £1k Per year running fund and if it eceeds £7-800 on one job then I will canibalise it in the garden and buy another one... at this price, why not?

Meanwhile you are driving around on a slightly soiled magic carpet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links