Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Key Trouble

Hi dont know where to post this one really,,,,

came out of the house blipped the car with the key,,,,nothing,,,??? used the spare set,,,,nothing,,,,,???

both keys were fine on the Battery,,,,,,

phoned Lexus and they said bring it in,,,,

i manually opened the door (alarm goes off obviously) went round to a mates who could give me a lift back from the garage,,,and managed to lock/unlock the car no probs'?????

went shopping locked/unlocked no probs' again????

came back to my house thinking prob was solved,,,,,,then the same thing happened again,,,,,the blipper wasnt working again,,,moved the car 30 metres down,,,it worked?????

anyone else had this prob',, and what causes it,,,

Dave

happens to people quite often, there is interference, either from underground cables, transmitteres etc, one person when using his microwave set off the car alarm.

also try holding the keyfob button down for a few seconds, rather than the normal quick push

Mobile phone masts cause this too. I went to a Merc garage in Coventry, walked upto my car with the salesman for a PEX approval, and the *&*!X*&/* watched me for minutes getting all red and flustered, claiming "it was alright earlier...honest..." and then he pipes up about the mast next door...!

Didn't like the Merc anyway...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links