Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

aaron1

Thought this might be of interest. Have recently got myself a IS200 with alloys. Thought it would be relatively easy to get a competitive insurance deal. Called all the main companies but got really frustrated with the telesales, push buttons and talking to a computer. Came across these guys on the web www.noeldazely.co.uk. They gave me a cracking deal and were nice friendly professional people to deal with. Definitely worth giving them a try.

Thought this might be of interest. Have recently got myself a IS200 with alloys. Thought it would be relatively easy to get a competitive insurance deal. Called all the main companies but got really frustrated with the telesales, push buttons and talking to a computer. Came across these guys on the web www.noeldazely.co.uk. They gave me a cracking deal and were nice friendly professional people to deal with. Definitely worth giving them a try.

I just tried them. A woman rang me back and told me that she can't beat my quote from MoreThan. :huh:

I just tried them. A woman rang me back and told me that she can't beat my quote from MoreThan. :huh:

Thats strange - I used to be with MoreThan and Noel Dazely beat them by £150

Thats strange - I used to be with MoreThan and Noel Dazely beat them by £150

I think it's just luck of the draw - as in where you live in the country, blah, blah, blah...

Alot of people I know (who I live by) swear by Norwich Union, but they quote me mega bucks. Funny how the system works.

You know Privilege say that they'll beat anybody. I gave them a ring the other day as MoreThan quoted my £322, and Privilege quoted me £395 online. The bloke at Privilege said that when I get the documentation from MoreThan for my renewal, give them a call and whatever it says on the Renewal Notice they will beat. I asked him how much they would beat it by and he told me a couple of quid, maybe. Well, whoopee doo I thought. That'll be worth switching over to then !! :lol:

just goes to show they are all charging too much in the first place.

We should go to a standard goverment minimum insurance to which you can add the extras if you want.I think australia has somthing like this?

As Lex-aholic says, much depends on where you live.

At my last renewal, for IS200LE, 53 reg, with protected NCD, best quote I got was the renewal quote from the insurer I was already with, Liverpool Victoria / Frizzell, at £495 incl tax. I live in London.

I tried Norwich Union, who quoted some ridiculous figure, something like £1,000.

A few months later when my household buildings/contents cover was due for renewal, I rang Norwich Union for a quote but was declined entirely. The telephone operator was honest / sympathetic, telling me that he too had the same problem with his own employer - he lives in Glasgow, and Norwich Union do not want business from people living in cities like London or Glasgow and will deter such business by either quoting unrealistic rates or by rejecting it entirely.

The latter unfortunately causes problems in approaching other insurers for quotations, as most insurers require you to tell them whether you have ever been refused cover, and non-disclosure of that is a serious risk as your rejection will have been recorded on the database shared between all insurers.

The latter unfortunately causes problems in approaching other insurers for quotations, as most insurers require you to tell them whether you have ever been refused cover, and non-disclosure of that is a serious risk as your rejection will have been recorded on the database shared between all insurers.

I think you are looking at it wrong here. You have not been refused cover. They have declined to quote you. Not the same and you should not be listed anywhere as having been rejected insurance.

If that was the case everyone in the world would at some point have been refused cover and we would all be on a list.

just goes to show they are all charging too much in the first place.

We should go to a standard goverment minimum insurance to which you can add the extras if you want.I think australia has somthing like this?

Can you imagine OUR government minimum insurance charge. They'd rip us off left, right and centre. And then, what with all the "standard" extras on the Lexus, we would all be skint !!

Good idea, but wrong Government ! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links