Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I've had my GS MKII for about 3 months, lovely car, but the brakes are pretty naff in comparison to other cars. So as they are warped (rumble when braking from even 40 to 20mph) I think its time for them to be replaced with the pads.

I was wondering which disks to go for?? Obviously there are the standard Lexus disks/pads, but I have come across others Pagdani (from Prolex) and Mintex.

I think I will also bleed the brakes and was thinking of using DOT 5 instead of DOT 4, is this ok??

And lastly, How can I bleed the whole system? I have bled the brakes on other cars e.g Vectra, Honda etc or should I just hand it over to the Lexus guys???, as I have do have a gold discount card

Any Advice/Tips would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

If they are the same brakes as the j-spec mk4 supra which I think they are then you can get porterfield pads from whiffibits on the mk4 forum or chris wilson has developed some damn good pads for semi track use also on the mk4supra board. If you feel a bit more adventurous then splash out on some upgraded 4 pot UK spec supra brakes that just about bolt straight on and play. Surprises me you say they are pants as the servo assist is far more powerfull on the aristo than on my supra might be worth having that checked out.

Hi All,

I've had my GS MKII for about 3 months, lovely car, but the brakes are pretty naff in comparison to other cars. So as they are warped (rumble when braking from even 40 to 20mph) I think its time for them to be replaced with the pads.

I was wondering which disks to go for?? Obviously there are the standard Lexus disks/pads, but I have come across others Pagdani (from Prolex) and Mintex.

I think I will also bleed the brakes and was thinking of using DOT 5 instead of DOT 4, is this ok??

And lastly, How can I bleed the whole system? I have bled the brakes on other cars e.g Vectra, Honda etc or should I just hand it over to the Lexus guys???, as I have do have a gold discount card

Any Advice/Tips would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

just bleed them the same as any other car put bleed tube on open nipple pump brakes and make sure you keep the resevoir topped up

DB: Downside to the Supra Brakes would be new wheels that would clear the Calipers on the GS300. What about trying Diamond pads/discs like Yoshi, who speaks VERY highly of them in terms of stopping power AND life? OR you could always pick up a StopTech Stage 2 kit, which includes just about everything that you'd need to upgrade your brakes (F & R Pads/Discs/Brake Lines/Fluid). I was considering it myself.

Hi All,

be sure to check the pads, that come out for even wear. The sliders on the calipers can seize which forces the piston side pad to wear faster and can cause vibration/steering wobble on braking. The disks may be ok (unless below the useable thickness) but even if they are not you want to check the sliders to avoid runing your new ones.

Thank you all for your advice.

I'm going to order some mintex pads and disks and will let you know what their like.

In terms of bleeding the brakes, is this the right procedure;-

right rear

left front

right front

left rear

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links