Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If you want to pop over to Bradford there is a great garage called First Stop Drive in. They have done full service and cambelt/waterpump on my last Lexus... Very capable and "northern" rates... Ask for David when you ring and tell him you were refered by a man who had just had his engine and turbo replaced there. He'll know who you mean...

number is 01274 596829

If you want to pop over to Bradford there is a great garage called First Stop Drive in. They have done full service and cambelt/waterpump on my last Lexus... Very capable and "northern" rates... Ask for David when you ring and tell him you were refered by a man who had just had his engine and turbo replaced there. He'll know who you mean...

number is 01274 596829

Thanks Shaft

will give them a call today.

Did you have any joy with them?

Gave my car in on friday for cambelt and full service. But now got a few problems so going back on monday.

1st problem is that on the dashboard the washer, engine oil temp, Battery and the one next to the Battery not quite sure what it is warning lights are on.

2nd problem, the sat nav screen turns off after a minute of starting the car with some kind of warning with an exclamation mark but since its in japanese have no idea of what it says!!

3rd problem, when i take my foot off the accelarator and then back on again i get a thud/thump sound from the rear of the car that is quite noticeable to all.

4th problem, the engine idle at very low revs, so low that it shakes the car as if its about to stall.

The garage said to bring it down on monday. Although they did say that the warning lights were on when i left the car, but i have explained they definately have never been on before. :angry:

Gave my car in on friday for cambelt and full service. But now got a few problems so going back on monday.

1st problem is that on the dashboard the washer, engine oil temp, Battery and the one next to the Battery not quite sure what it is warning lights are on.

2nd problem, the sat nav screen turns off after a minute of starting the car with some kind of warning with an exclamation mark but since its in japanese have no idea of what it says!!

3rd problem, when i take my foot off the accelarator and then back on again i get a thud/thump sound from the rear of the car that is quite noticeable to all.

4th problem, the engine idle at very low revs, so low that it shakes the car as if its about to stall.

The garage said to bring it down on monday. Although they did say that the warning lights were on when i left the car, but i have explained they definately have never been on before. :angry:

I take it, you did't ring steve at charlesworth then :question:

Hi Gord,

Well i did actually ring Steve's garage but after trying for about half an hour kept getting engaged/busy tone on the phone. So i rang this other place in Shipley instead, which was obviously not a great move.

If all else fails, i'll get in touch with steve and see if he can help me get out of the mess i've got myself into.

Hi Gord,

Well i did actually ring Steve's garage but after trying for about half an hour kept getting engaged/busy tone on the phone. So i rang this other place in Shipley instead, which was obviously not a great move.

If all else fails, i'll get in touch with steve and see if he can help me get out of the mess i've got myself into.

No problem mate :winky: im sure he can help you out, if you still having problems :D

Oh My Lord!! I was so upset when I first read this that I jumped straight on the phone to the garage that "I" suggested. David called me back and I was so glad that I rang...

*Getting your timing belt replaced is a nerve wracking experience as you know its a big deal if it goes wrong. I think in the past this has lead me to a little paranoia myself. Took me a while to accept that I could get it done at a local garage at a fraction of the price and still have it work out ok... *

I had been worried that I had sent a lamb to the slaughter (unwittingly) through my well intentioned recomendation. I was gutted that I had in part LED to the destruction of your Lexus.

Imagine my relief when they the told me they had firstly spent 6 hours on your car for the price of 4. Then lent you another car today while they diagnosed that you had infact blown a single fuse which they replaced, putting humpty-dumpty back together again.

Your car is ready for you. I'm glad you published this though as I'd hate to have not known. Maybe the fuse blew whilst with them but apparently Simon who worked on your car (as he did mine) pointed out the dash lights as he moved the car into the bay. So it could have just been bad timing... If you'll exuse the pun.

Ps. the throttle associated thud sounds like drive train picking up slack. Seeing as its at the other end of the car than the one they were working on I would be inclined to suggest unrelated...

Or did I miss-read your post and you were not actually suggesting that it was related to the trip to the garage?

Oh My Lord!! I was so upset when I first read this that I jumped straight on the phone to the garage that "I" suggested. David called me back and I was so glad that I rang...

*Getting your timing belt replaced is a nerve wracking experience as you know its a big deal if it goes wrong. I think in the past this has lead me to a little paranoia myself. Took me a while to accept that I could get it done at a local garage at a fraction of the price and still have it work out ok... *

I had been worried that I had sent a lamb to the slaughter (unwittingly) through my well intentioned recomendation. I was gutted that I had in part led to the destruction of your Lexus.

Imagine my relief when they the told me they had firstly spent 6 hours on your car for the price of 4. Then lent you another car today while they diagnosed that you had infact blown a single fuse which they replaced, putting humpty-dumpty back together again.

Your car is ready for you. I'm glad you published this though as I'd hate to have not known. Maybe the fuse blew whilst with them but apparently Simon who worked on your car (as he did mine) pointed out the dash lights as he moved the car into the bay. So it could have just been bad timing... If you'll exuse the pun.

Ps. the throttle associated thud sounds like drive train picking up slack. Seeing as its at the other end of the car than the one they were working on I would be inclined to suggest unrelated...

Or did I miss-read your post and you were not actually suggesting that it was related to the trip to the garage?

No problem Shaft,

You have nothing to feel bad about but thanks alot for actually ringing the garage. You only helped by putting me in touch with a local place that could do my car :) No way would I have blamed you.

Sounds good that they've found the fault.

I wasn't implying that they caused the thud sound, but since the car actually drove so well after the cambelt change with better response it seems more noticeable. But I understand that it's at the opposite side of the car.

once again thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links