Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Consumption

Theorist

Hi folks,

I have a 93 GS 300 MK1 (100,000 miles), I've just had it serviced at a main dealer, and had a leaky fuel line fixed. I have just calculated my fuel consumption and I am only getting about 12 MPG about town, ECTPWR OFF! Does anyone know what the consumption figures should be like and if they are too high, what the problem might be? :crybaby:

Hi,

12mpg sounds really low mpg :crybaby:

Guess you thought the fuel line leak was the problem.

How long has the mpg been low..

You should be getting high teens to low twentys to the gallon around town...

Are you doing alot of cold start trips where the engines got to keep warming up?

that will knock the mpg down,but 12mpg sounds low..

Could be anything causing low mpg :unsure: heavy footed pulling away or some sort of cold/warm engine sensor problem..

Does the engine run fine/clean and accelerate fine?

Thanks for that

Yeah, lots of cold starts and only 5 mile drive - I guess that will be the problem. The gas has realy started going down since just before Christmas when the cold weather started. Perhaps it will get beter in the spring.

Hi,

If the engines running fine then its down to the cold weather,engines colder than normal this time of year on a cold engine start and uses up to 5 Times the amount of fuel to start from cold than what a warmed up engine will use..

Alot of my driving is short trips and the engine is being turned off and few minutes later restarted.....When i owned my LS400 i noticed in the cold weather a big big difference in mpg.....8 cylinders to warm up :crybaby:

Cheers chips.

Hi folks,

I have a 93 GS 300 MK1 (100,000 miles), I've just had it serviced at a main dealer, and had a leaky fuel line fixed. I have just calculated my fuel consumption and I am only getting about 12 MPG about town, ECTPWR OFF! Does anyone know what the consumption figures should be like and if they are too high, what the problem might be? :crybaby:

Presumably the dealer reset the ECU after they fixed the fuel leak.

I have a 1995 GS which was returning just under 20mpg. Before it was serviced I checked the air filter and it was filthy so I changed and it ran better and the mpg did improve slightly.

When I had it serviced I also had the distributer cap and rotor arm replaced and I could not beleive the transformation. More responsive, less sluggish in the cold and yes more mpg, up to about an average of 22-25.

I too travel a short distance to work mainly stop/start in traffic.

I have recently changed my route into work that takes in a couple of miles of faster dual carriageway so not sure if the combination has helped make a difference.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links