Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi All,

I'm looking to change the sparks plugs on my GS 300 Mk II. I want to increase the performance and wondered which ones are better?

I hear you can get performance spark plugs (ridium??) which are more expensive than platinum, but are they that much better than platinum??? and are there any draw back?

I'm not going to change them myself as it looks pretty tricky removing the two plugs in the middle, so should I sent the car off to lexus to change them (noting the cost) or should I try a reputable garage??

Any views gratefully received

Many Thanks

I'm considering changing mine soon too. From my research on the US site, it seems many folk upgrade to iridium plugs from the standard platinum. Bear in mind, that you have long life standard plugs, and high performance plugs which have a shorter life, even when looking at iridium.

Certainly it's been discussed here before, and some GS owners have got a small increase in fuel economy after upgrading to iridium plugs.

Rather than pay UK prices, I've found a set of denso iridium plugs on eBay for 38 quid including postage and packing from the states.

I was gonna do myself, just need to take throttle body off (you need to replace the throttle body gasket at the same time too though which you can get from lexus uk). There is a tutorial somewhere on clublexus.com i think if you search for it.

Other folks in the US have mentioned torquemaster plugs, and there is always the HKS iridium performance plugs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links