Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Some Help

Jocksuper7

right, here goes

mine is a 2000 Is 200 se, i had 6 rims 2 brand spankers and 1 in good condition and one was a bit tatty, i made a deal and sold them, but i never noticed or relised there were two types of standard rims, the brand spankers are different from the other two, other than the fact that they were cleaner i nvere noticed any difference but after speaking with who i sold them to he told me the difference one is milled shiney and one is painted thye latter being the oldest.

My question is if i get one of my other refurbed will it match the brand new ones?

And does this mean that the two older ones were not exchanged under warranty? reason for asking is that one of the new rims was the spare in my car (i now have a styling spare), on closer inspection the old ones that i still have that are also tatty have some flaky paint on them.

right, here goes

mine is a Is 200 se, i had 6 rims 2 brand spankers and 1 in good condition and one was a bit tatty, i made a deal and sold them, but i never noticed or relised there were two types of standard rims, the brand spankers are different from the other two, other than the fact that they were cleaner i nvere noticed any difference but after speaking with who i sold them to he told me the difference one is milled shiney and one is painted thye latter being the oldest.

My question is if i get one of my othere refurbed will it match the brand new ones?

And does this mean that the two older ones were not exchanged under warranty? reason for asking is that one of the new rims was the spare in my car (i now have a styling spare), on closer inspection the old ones that i still have that are also tatty have some flaky paint on them.

right, here goes

mine is a Is 200 se, i had 6 rims 2 brand spankers and 1 in good condition and one was a bit tatty, i made a deal and sold them, but i never noticed or relised there were two types of standard rims, the brand spankers are different from the other two, other than the fact that they were cleaner i nvere noticed any difference but after speaking with who i sold them to he told me the difference one is milled shiney and one is painted thye latter being the oldest.

My question is if i get one of my othere refurbed will it match the brand new ones?

:whistling: Oh goodness.... how long have we got!! :huh:

Does anyone know, I really want to come up with a workable solution, it was my mistake and i dont want to keep the guy hanging on, anyone who has had an old style alloy reburbed could you let me know how it came out?

Does anyone know, I really want to come up with a workable solution, it was my mistake and i dont want to keep the guy hanging on, anyone who has had an old style alloy reburbed could you let me know how it came out?

Blimey this is confusing. The ones which are NOT milled (which I presume is the criss-crossy reflective look on the outer edges), these will be your refurbed wheels as all the originals have the "milled look".

The very originals which I think were on 1999-early 2001 vehicles didn't have the paint continuing behind the spoke. They basically sprayed the faces of the wheels ! This is why loads were took back for replacement - the way they finished on the edge of the spoke allowed rust to enter from behind. (You know if you have these wheels by rubbing your finger across the back edge of the spoke - if it's a sharp edge, these are originals; if it's a rounded edge, these are the later refurbs).

When the wheels are refurbished they blast back the wheel and then simply spray and lacquer them, hence why some off your wheels are NOT milled (mine aren't either). To have them milled costs a fair bit extra, and you need to find a place where they can do this.

The people who spray them in Bristol DON'T have a milling machine, so when you take your wheels to Lexus in Bristol they won't come back milled.

Unfortunately for you there are some wheels which are already refurbished in your collection, and without knowing the colour code that they used to spray them it is going to be difficult to get a match. So you will probably have to have ALL off them done. I would get a quote from somewhere and then offer to meet the person half way on the cost - UNLESS OFF COURSE THE AGREEMENT WHICH WAS SIGNED FOR BY BOTH YOU AND THE BUYER WAS "SOLD AS SEEN" :winky:

if that was the case it may be worth trying to buy a new alloy on e-bay that is the same as the other 3 , It was my fault and i didnt know about the two different types of alloys so they werent sold as seen they were sold as my description. I know one of them had been refurbed by pristine but i dont have a number for them? does anyone know where i can get that from. the other two i have dont have the paint behind the spokes, so from your description this means that they are un refurbed old style wheels, is this correct?

if that was the case it may be worth trying to buy a new alloy on e-bay that is the same as the other 3 , It was my fault and i didnt know about the two different types of alloys so they werent sold as seen they were sold as my description. I know one of them had been refurbed by pristine but i dont have a number for them? does anyone know where i can get that from. the other two i have dont have the paint behind the spokes, so from your description this means that they are un refurbed old style wheels, is this correct?

That doesn't sound such a bad idea either (e-bay). This is something that I have never used (apart from to look at), so I didn't think of that one.

Yep, the other two are the original IS wheels.

cheers bud will have to see what i can do,

if anyone has a number for Pristine wheel refurbishers please let me know, i know they are in the reading area but cant find thm in the yellow pages

cheers bud will have to see what i can do,

if anyone has a number for Pristine wheel refurbishers please let me know, i know they are in the reading area but cant find thm in the yellow pages

Just found this :

www.warnerstyres.co.uk

They are agents for Pristine Wheels

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links