Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Can I Get 450 Hp?

capitao

Its easier on the Mk1 than the MK2 purely because of the VVTi engine in it. If you pop over to the supra forums you'll get a good idea. But just as an idea. If you are staying with stock turbo's then you are looking at uprating the fuel pump (walbro is accepted as the standard replacement), Free flowing the exhaust by putting in a bigger bore item and usually taking out the cats, Putting in better charge cooling than the stock item (be that an uprated SMIC or an FMIC). Then you get into cams (HKS are considered good) and stuff to squeeze the last few horses out. My supra with 474 BHP on stockers had water injection as well to try and keep the charge temps down. I'd advise you look at 550 cc injectors and some way of controlling them as the engine starts to run lean at that sort of power on 440's.

The supporting kit like Fuel cut defencer (allows you to boost over 1.0 bar) Boost controller (stock controller will suffice but an aftermarket one allows you to control it a bit better) will be required. Theres some VVTi specific stuf that needs doing but you'd have to ask the likes of gaz walker for that info.

• 4 weeks later...
Its easier on the Mk1 than the MK2 purely because of the VVTi engine in it. If you pop over to the supra forums you'll get a good idea. But just as an idea. If you are staying with stock turbo's then you are looking at uprating the fuel pump (walbro is accepted as the standard replacement), Free flowing the exhaust by putting in a bigger bore item and usually taking out the cats, Putting in better charge cooling than the stock item (be that an uprated SMIC or an FMIC). Then you get into cams (HKS are considered good) and stuff to squeeze the last few horses out. My supra with 474 BHP on stockers had water injection as well to try and keep the charge temps down. I'd advise you look at 550 cc injectors and some way of controlling them as the engine starts to run lean at that sort of power on 440's.

The supporting kit like Fuel cut defencer (allows you to boost over 1.0 bar) Boost controller (stock controller will suffice but an aftermarket one allows you to control it a bit better) will be required. Theres some VVTi specific stuf that needs doing but you'd have to ask the likes of gaz walker for that info.

no doubt about it brain you know ya **** m8 :driving: warm as toast credit ware its dew

Mk.II Aristo can run up to 500hp on stock turbos, although this isn't that reliable.

Setup for 392ps (Jap rollin' road car) - 1.1 bar boost pressure via boost controller, uprated downpipe and Front Mount Intercooler + TOMS ecu.

If you run around 1.2 bar it'll develop 450hp. At that rate the fuel pump is running lean so you need a fuel controller and an uprated fuel pump for safety. Also a fuel/ratio meter to check the fueling.

I'm fitting all this stuff to my car this week, so should develop 450hp when finished at 1.2 bar hopefully. TOMS ecu increases the fuelling so hopefully it won't need a fuel controller.

Cheers Gaz.

Strictly speaking, some of the stuff on my mods list is still in it's boxes!

I did fit the downpipe (Questpower) and the SARD cat - a decent difference. Once you hit 4000rpm the car really opens up and you defo get my power in the mid-range.

The TOMS ecu advances ignition timing and seems to kick in the twin-turbos earlier - result is it pulls better at lower rpms. And of course, proper ECU is the ONLY way to de-limit the speed on the Aristo Mk.II.

I'm getting the Inter cooler/coolers fitted this week and my air-fuel ratio meter. I'm hoping the TOMS ecu is moving the fuelling up enough I can run 1.2bar without running lean. I know the car is cool at 1.1 bar from Jap info. At 1.2 bar it should make 450hp min.

Off to Knockhill end of month to try it out and see how fast it'll go - should be no reason why it shouldn't lap around 63-65s or the same as a 300hp Evo.

Doing Le Mans and Nurburgring this year too. The car should really shine there as the big sweeping corners are more suited to the Aristo rather than these tight twisties at Knockhill.

You need the ECU upgrade for speed de-limit....those speed jumpers screw up the gearbox and make it shift down when it shouldn't (dangerous). It costs around 900 quid for a standalone or about 1/2 that if you send in your ECU for reprogramming.

MINES are supposed to be the best, you could get a map to 1.2 bar from them. TOMS supposedly is remappable but the s/ware isn't easy to get - they don't sell it to my supplier.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links