Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Beams Greddy Turbo Info

Hows it going.

I have joined today for information for a mate.

He just bought a RS200 BEAMS GREDDY Turbo.

He is away for a few months and has left me his car to get some work done it.

Car is away getting a leather interior fitted at the moment.

Am I in the right bit to get information???

I am looking to service it and upgrade a few things.

Firstly what oil is suitable???

What plugs???

The car is jerking when you give it full throttle. I think it needs a bigger fuel pump or injectors???

I also want to put a dump valve on the car.

All information will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Waz

Hi

Welcome to the club.

5w-30 Castrol EDGE oil would be ideal.

Try Denso Irridium IK22 plugs.

What ECU is the car running? i'm assuming it as an E-Manage installed. Make sure you are running 98ron fuel, it may be mapped for optimax fuels only.

Don't drive the car hard till you can have the ecu/mapping checked from a tuner, otherwise if your running wrong fuel you could melt a piston!

Dump valve is a piece of cake, i'd get onto a local tuner to have a flange welded into a boost pipe properley.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate

Right I spoke to Fensport and this what they told me.

Spark Plugs (Iridium) - or are the Denso Irridium IK22 plugs better and where would you get them from and for how much roughly???

Millers Oil (10w-40) 5 Litres - same again for the oil whats better the Millers or the 5w-30 Castrol EDGE oil.

Sports Oil Filter (BLITZ).

Dump Valve Tuneable 2 settings Blitz.

What do you think of that stuff or are they totally off the mark??

The car was built in Japan so no idea about what type of ECU the cars running.

Plan to find that out when I get the car on a dyno and get all the fuelling etc spot on.

Wanted to get all this stuff done so the car does'nt blow up on the dyno.

I have told my mate to always put Shell Optimax fuel in.

Any other helpful information will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Also had another couple of questions guys.

I am looking to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors.

Has anybody carried out these mods.

Need help cant get information anywhere

Thanks

Hi

You want the Walbro Fuel pump (255lph) part no. GSS342

To change it over is an easy task, lift up your rear seat base, look for the sender module cover (all plate with 3 plastic nuts) remove the unit, remove regulator, remove the plastic cap, and retract the old fuel pump detatching cable.

(disconnect Battery first!)

Fitting is reversal although u have to cut and solder on a new plug/harness. Cut them diff lengths...

On the car there will be blue (12v) and black (earth) connect that to red for power and black for earth on the new plug/connector... solder is best method and don't forget heatshrink!!! (i do 2 layers ;) )

Injectors is a piece of cake..

You have a choice of SARD (530cc) Blitz (525cc) Power Enterprise (550cc)

Removal...

(disconnect Battery first!)

Take off the engine cover. Remove any breather pipes or anything that gets in the way of the fuel rail.

On the end of the fuel rail there is a plug, stuff loads of rags under it, undo this... (17mm iirc) now it maybe very very tight so don't hold me responsible if u break something ;) once undone little bit of fuel will dribble out, the rag will soak that up.

next undo 3 10mm bolts that attach the rail to the block, u may have to undo the water heater hoses at the top left corner (10mm nut) unplug the 4 connectors. now u can remove the rail.

The injectors will come away with the rail. Be careful not to loose the brown coloured seals, if u loose one ur buggered Doh!

pull put the old injectors keeping hold of the seals. put the new seals over the new injectors, and line up with the holes on the block, now its basically reversal of the above.

Some injectors will require u to change the OE plugs, my Blitz ones don't require me to, straight fit.

Thanks mate.

I will be going for the Denso plugs so it should be okay.

Also is the fuel filter easily accesible as well. I would like to change that as well.

Cheers again.

No idea where the fuel filter is on the Tezza :blush:

Its not located in the engine bay area... i know that much. It may well be the the sock that sits on the pick up tube on the end of the fuel pump in the fuel tank (you will see it when u remove the fuel sender module to swap over fuel pump)

Thanks for your help Mr Singh.

I've found the rest of the parts. Cant seem to find the Castrol oil anywhere.

The guy who owned the car said that he tried the 5w-30 and the car never ran properly.

What do you think?

I am recommended to use 10w-40 by Fensport.

Where is the best place to get Castrol oil in the UK????

Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links