Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Detailing Products

ok guys, i'm off to the states in a couple of weeks and wanna have my shopping list sorted before i go.

i'm after some car care/detailing products but unfortunately have never used anything more sophisticated that a sponge, wash mitt, chamois, water and car shampoo. i've decided to go the more 'correct way' and buy some quality detailing products but don't really know where's a good place to start.

having looked on the Autopia website - good though it is, its only made me think that i need it all :o :blush:

basically, i'm after some products that;ll help get rid of swirl marks and have the paint looking like a mirror. i also want some good quality stuff for the interior detailing aswell.

i was thinking about buying a porter polisher whilst overthere - as i've read this is the easiest way to get the best results.

so....what can you all reccomend??

also, will i struggle to get half decent results without a porter polisher?

cheers in advance.

rob :D

Deffo go for the cable polisher kit - it doesn't make the effort of polishing any easier just that the results are stunning.

For a basic kit, I'd suggest the following:

Klasse All-In-One

Kalsse sealant glaze

PS21 Carnauba wax

microfibre towels

Then if you really want to push the boat out:

Sonus spritz for quick detailing

303 aerospace protectant for vinyl, plastic

Autoglym glass polish

and anything else you fancy...... :winky:

Deffo go for the cable polisher kit - it doesn't make the effort of polishing any easier just that the results are stunning.

For a basic kit, I'd suggest the following:

Klasse All-In-One

Kalsse sealant glaze

PS21 Carnauba wax

Microfibre towels

Then if you really want to push the boat out:

Sonus spritz for quick detailing

303 aerospace protectant for vinyl, plastic

Autoglym glass polish

and anything else you fancy...... :winky:

what about clay barring?? i've heard a lot about it but dunno how it would fit in with what you reccomended. how often would i need to detail with the basic kit...IYO?? i presume just normal shampoo washes between detailing??

do the cable polishers usually come with all the required applicator pads - or if i need to buy these, what type will i require??

cheers

rob

Sonus DAS polisher kit - contains all the pads you need

Sonus Block Detailing clay (don't bother buying the lubricants, just use a plant spray with soapy water)

I usually do a full detailing 3 times a year with the polisher and shampoo washes followed by wax in between.

ok, cheers mike.

so...whats the purpose of each of these products (what does what??)

Sonus Block Detailing clay (don't bother buying the lubricants, just use a plant spray with soapy water)

I usually do a full detailing 3 times a year with the polisher and shampoo washes followed by wax in between.

ok, cheers mike.

Have a read of the guide in the Car Care Centre - all will be revealed!

ok, cheers mike.

Have a read of the guide in the Car Care Centre - all will be revealed!

oops...yea forgot bout that!!

i take it you mean the one on autopia?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links