Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Advice Is200se

longie1985

WHEN I START MY CAR IN THE MORNING, I HAVE A "PROBLEM" I THINK

WHEN I PULL OFF IN 1ST GEAR THE CAR ACTS LIKE ITS CATCHING UP WITH

THE REVS, SO FOR INSTANCE I CAN PUT MY FOOT DOWN IN 1ST GEAR AND IT

TAKE QUITE A WHILE FOR IT TO CATCH UP WITH ITSELF LIKE ITS TRYING

TO BREAK INTO THE SPEED IT SHOULD BE GOING LIKE A DELAY??

CAN ANYONE SHINE ANY LIGHT ON THE SITUATION? THANKS

hi, thanks for replying, the car has done 80000 miles now, its only just started happening, when i turn it on in the morning, when its cold, when the engine it hot its fine??

when i put my foot down when its cold, the car just delays of what the real speed it should be doing like its trying to break free its weird? i dont have any clue what this is and the engine management light it staying off?

thanks

hi, thanks for replying, the car has done 80000 miles now, its only just started happening, when i turn it on in the morning, when its cold, when the engine it hot its fine??

when i put my foot down when its cold, the car just delays of what the real speed it should be doing like its trying to break free its weird? i dont have any clue what this is and the engine management light it staying off?

thanks

I think your clutch is on the way out :duh:

Try setting off in 1st gear, with hand/brake on and see if car cut's out, if it rev's them your clutch is on its way out.

Or drive up a steep hill in 4th gear and put you foot down, again if the rev's go up and the car is not getting any faster, then the clutch is on its way out.

• 3 weeks later...

See my post on 'clutch slip / oil leak' I think its the same problem. It sounds like a slipping clutch but I'm not so sure. My IS does the same as yours, when its cold first thing (with a little whine!!) If it is an oil leak, then you'll waste money on the clutch and pi$$ oil all over it (thats what I'm worried about).

I'll let you know how I get on.

Dops

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links