Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi fellas ok im after putting in an after mark amp in has anyone done it? Which is the amp for the speakers in the boot????? Any advice relating to the sound system is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

My lexus is a ls400 93

Thank you

mat

Thanks mate well i thought about just using a new sub but thought the standard amp may not be powerful enough but ill give it ago

thanks buddy for your help

You are right, the std amp is way to weak to power anything aftermarket.

Easy choice is to buy yourself a 10 or 12" sub that's designed to run 'free air', thwn you can bount it from underneathe the parcel shelf where the old one came from but with an after market amp it's gona be lots better.

If you don't mind loosing the boot space the easiest way is to buy a sub in a box possibly even with an amp already mounted to it.

As mentione earlier, you can use the low level imput from the current wiring harness but you may want to make a new earth to the body and run youeself a new power lead straight from the Battery (with fuse/trip as close to the batt as possible), this with a good earth to the body will reduce noise and avoid overloading the puny Battery + lead in the harness.

Thanks for you help - i was going to install an air flow sub in the back as im trying to keep the car to standard in some ways. i pulled the head unit yesterday to try and located the speakers cables but quickly realised that they must run to a amp - but where is the amp so i can locate the remote cable? also need to track down speakers cable so i can run off some aux cables for the new amp - any ideas?

thank you for your help

the sound pack that I have drives all door speakers from the head unit but has a low level output for the amp to the sub.

I think some later models and sound packs have an amp for the door speakers too.

The ser 1 cars have the sub amp loacted in the boot behind the carpet on the left hand side it's a small unit (100mm x 300mm x 80mm deep ish)

I thought about an aftermarket head unit but when I put the one I had in, it looked pants so I went back to the std one with an FM transmitter and my PDA

means I can take phone calls and use GPS at the same time, all through the car stereo.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links