Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Faulty Rx300 Sel Revsersing Camera

Hi,

I have an 03 Rx300 SEL with 73k on it and a few weeks ago the reversing camera started to stop working.

when put in reverse sometimes it was clear and sometimes it was just garbage..

now it does not work at all and just blank screen like scanning for new tv station!

I am not sure if it is a loose cable or camera itself.

I have got it booked into Lexus but no warrant now on the vehicle and a bit worried about cost!

Any advice or experience would be great!

cheers

Andy

Hi,

I have an 03 Rx300 SEL with 73k on it and a few weeks ago the reversing camera started to stop working.

now it does not work at all and just blank screen like scanning for new tv station!

I have got it booked into Lexus but no warrant now on the vehicle and a bit worried about cost!

cheers

Andy

Your guesses at it being a loose cable or camera itself sound spot on.

Have U tried getting someone to fiddle with any part of the wiring (such as in the grommets around the boot door) to see if it affects the picture...

Annoying you are out of warranty - must have been by a short time like?

D.

Hi,

cheers

Andy

some suggestions:

in the serice menu there is a camera test. have a look what this will tell you (if you are in the service menu dont change any settings becouse this can have anwanted side effects).

are the reverse lights coming on when you put the reverse gear in? if the fuse for the reverse lights is blown the backup camera is not working as well (at least this is the case on the RX400)

you can easely remove the cover on the back door by pulling it off with your fingers and the help of a screw driver (is mounted with plastik buttons). camera, cables and connectors are on the left side. move the cables and see if this has any affect.

if you like you can easely dismount the camera by yourself and replace it with a new one.

regards

williz

ha ok how do I get to the service menu, is this the standard one from the front menu :)

Also any idea how much a camera cost.. lol maybe I will nip to PCworld and get a web cam!

:)

Andy

i only know how you get to the service menue on the RX400. there you hold the INFO button below the navigation screen and at the same time switch ligth on/off 4 times.

if the camera is defective (it could be also the LCD Head unit, price for the LCD Headunit is approx. 2.200,-EUR)

you need a replacement with the same supply voltage and signal output. in this case i suggest to take the camera to an electronic store and aske there if they have a replacement.

regards

williz

Did the test and all ok.

seems to be some connection as play with wiring behind panel on boot lid and changs lines on screen a bit.

Rang lexus parts for price on new camera NOT fitted and was £460 odd.. OUCH!!

So booked in for service this week and getting them to check wiring but best option might be to get 12 month warranty and then get camera sorted on that.

I am probably selling car next month so will sell with 12 month warranty which is always a godo selling point

;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links