Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Car Is Putting Out A Bit More Boost Than I Was Expecting!

aido

Yeah I have to admit I've used snow mode a few times in some of the bad weather we've had around here, too many twisties to risk it! The steering does feel a lot more responsive in power mode as that's also changing, I'm just not sure whether the speed converter is also sending the correct signals to the ECU that is controlling the steering wheel so whether that would be adjusting correctly?

The alignment was all checked a few weeks back, when the car was at Lexus though they did say that the rear steering rack has a little play in there, so guessing that's on the way out, and if so I'm guessing it won't hold the settings properly anyway due to the excess play?

I was told my rear steering rack had some play in it in the MOT last year, although just had it recently checked out by the local tire/alignment place and they said it's rock solid (confused). After having the new wheels put on, I had a alignment check done and everything was in spec in the rear and out of spec on the Toe in the front so was a little surprised.

Will wait till my next MOT on the 6th November to see how it fares.

The steering wheel and power mode paragraph I'm lost on. Just couldn't understand what you mean Aido...if you could elaborate a little more :).

The steering wheel and power mode paragraph I'm lost on. Just couldn't understand what you mean Aido...if you could elaborate a little more :).

Not sure if this is correct, but I was under the impression that the steering tightens up as you increase speed, and it relies on the signal from the ECU, and that a lot of speedo convertor's only feed the speedo so sometimes the steering, cruise and gearbox don't work quite right as they're working on kph instead of mph?

Something like that, Pete at Thor was explaining to me when I picked the car up, he was looking into an SLD that would send the correct signals to all the parts needed in the car so it would drive as designed.

It's like on mine at the moment the cruise doesn't work above 60mph, guess it's seeing the kph value and refusing to activate or it's getting a screwed up reading?

Also when you read on some of the Supra forums some of the guys are getting problems with the gearbox trying ot change at the wrong time when an SLD is fitted, hence why everything needs to be bang on

Well I've owned both supra and aristo, NA supe and seriously BPU'd TT supe, and a manual 6 speed converted TT aristo. Looking at weights yeah maybe the one or two models of supras weigh in at 1510 kgs but most hit 1600+ . The Non leather aristo's of 93-95 era aren't actually that much heavier so really if it came down to a straight up motorway drag out, there'd be pretty much cack all in it. The place a supe will get an aristo is in twisty bits, but my whole philosophy on this is lets fill each car with 5 large humans and then head on out with loading and unloading times being taken into account and time being deducted for vehicle occupant dishelvment post run.

Each car is horse for course. But seriously either car is a top buy. You want a GT car that blasts most rich motors on the road and only need 2 seats and no luggage room then get a supra as nothing does its thing as well as it. If you want an M5 beating (reliability, and speed) machine that fits 5 adults with more legroom than an M5 and can on the straights hold its own against most sports GT's then get an aristo TT.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links