Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

Again, a great forum.

Right then, I have a new key as provided by Lexus and a remote keyfob for my (96) GS300. Lexus Brighton were able to get the remote keyfob working without any problems but they could not register the new key. I was given both items to take away and play (no charges as yet -- wowee) along with two different sets of instructions for performing the required action. Neither work for me either. All the ignition lights come on, as expected, but cranking the engine verifies the immobiliser is still doing it's job and the car will not start.

Any further clues will be greatfully received and perhaps Lexus of Brighton might learn as well.

Of course it may be a duff key, but this will entail obtaining yet another through them, just to prove this, Grrr.

Cheers

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

Again, a great forum.

Right then, I have a new key as provided by Lexus and a remote keyfob for my (96) GS300. Lexus Brighton were able to get the remote keyfob working without any problems but they could not register the new key. I was given both items to take away and play (no charges as yet -- wowee) along with two different sets of instructions for performing the required action. Neither work for me either. All the ignition lights come on, as expected, but cranking the engine verifies the immobiliser is still doing it's job and the car will not start.

Any further clues will be greatfully received and perhaps Lexus of Brighton might learn as well.

Of course it may be a duff key, but this will entail obtaining yet another through them, just to prove this, Grrr.

Cheers

Graham

I had that problem at first when I ordered a new master key for my 96 gs300 sport. I was sat in the dealers car park turning a key with no luck. Basically I was told that the master only opens boot and glove box and was not programmed, a little breakdown in communication between us. I wanted a key that I could drive my car with, he he! Anyway a couple of days later they arranged to pick up the car I think they got someone else in from another firm to do some tinkering and everyting works now. I can use any key just fine. If the fobs are working then I think its just a matter of programming the chip in the key to work. dont know how they did it but it can be done and lexus should easily be able to sort it out. If they say they cant then ask them to speak to the guys at Lexus Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham area, they sorted it for me perfectly, very pleased with the service.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links