Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1998 Ls 400

nereus4951

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Dont worry about white smoke,its more down to the cold weather.

A little blue could be down to slight wear on the rubber oil seals that stop the engine oil running down to the pistons overnight.Just keep a eye on the engine oil level.You will find the level wont really go down.You will be surprised how little engine oil is needed to make the engine smoke on start up.

You should find after the engines been started and run,on restarting there wont be any smoke from warm.

If its putting out blue smoke everytime its started then it might be worth have the valve stem rubbers replaced.

Hope thats of some help.

Cheers..

Chips.

:D

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Dont worry about white smoke,its more down to the cold weather.

A little blue could be down to slight wear on the rubber oil seals that stop the engine oil running down to the pistons overnight.Just keep a eye on the engine oil level.You will find the level wont really go down.You will be surprised how little engine oil is needed to make the engine smoke on start up.

You should find after the engines been started and run,on restarting there wont be any smoke from warm.

If its putting out blue smoke everytime its started then it might be worth have the valve stem rubbers replaced.

Hope thats of some help.

Cheers..

Chips.

:tomato:

Hi hope you can help just bought a ls 400 1998 99k on clock and it has just started smoking at start up . clouds of blue/white smoke,help!!!! thanks steve

thanks a lot chip one more point i have replaced the brake discs front and rear and the pads have good thickness on them about 5or 6 mm but at 70+ when you have to brake hard there is a shudder felt though the steering wheel any advice cheers steve

Hi

Some will say brake judder is down to warped or warping discs.

I would get your front wheels properly torqued up in the correct sequence.

This cured a problem I had thanks to fellow members Colin Barber and Tony Bones on here

Hi

Some will say brake judder is down to warped or warping discs.

I would get your front wheels properly torqued up in the correct sequence.

This cured a problem I had thanks to fellow members Colin Barber and Tony Bones on here

thanks a lot for you help will have the wheels checked for correct torque

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links