Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 In Hk

goodwolf

Hi all,

I've chanced upon a second-hand SC430 for sale here - it's 2001 model with 35000km on it. Quite excited!! Asking for about US$43k. It's black with cream leather seats, 5-speed... not sure about the tires. Haven't had a test drive yet but would love to hear your thoughts on what to look out for. Any SC owners here from HK? Would also love to hear your thoughts on owning one. :D

My concern is that the hard-top fails which would be prohibitively expensive to replace. Any special maintenance issues? Any advice is welcome. Many thanks in advance! :winky:

Yeah I thought the price is bit on the high side too and dealer prefers if I take financing... I suspect he's willing to hold out for the right buyer. What's the range I should be looking at for this car?

Anyway is this model popular in HK? Hardly see any around. At best once a month!

If you are gonna be financing the car, then you can def ask for a better price.

i reckon u should be looking at the low $300K mark....my sisters bf was in the market for one... but eventually couldnt find the right one, so he bought something else..

Ive seen quite a few around to be honest... not as many Benz SL's... but still quite popular...

I can keep my eye out for a SC for u...as ive still got many connections with dealers out here

Guest inicol63
The SC is about as reliable as it gets and far better than an SL.

Only problems i have heard of are slight squeaks from the roof and limp boot gas struts.

The beige leather and carpets can need a bit of work to keep clean.

This car rocks!

Paul

Paul I think that your reply is spot on, these are the only problems that i have had with my SC430

I have not been able to find any other issue since owning my one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

If you are gonna be financing the car, then you can def ask for a better price.

i reckon u should be looking at the low $300K mark....my sisters bf was in the market for one... but eventually couldnt find the right one, so he bought something else..

Ive seen quite a few around to be honest... not as many Benz SL's... but still quite popular...

I can keep my eye out for a SC for u...as ive still got many connections with dealers out here

oh yes thanks!! :D :D so far this is actually the only one i've come across...

• 2 weeks later...
Whats ur budget?? and... do u want a Lexus SC430? Or do you not mind having a parallel import Toyota Soarer...? Both are pretty much the same...minus the mark levinson sound system...and the sat nav is in jap.

Apologies for the long pause - been travelling. Was in Cali and saw a few. I think they look better with top down than up!

Thanks for keeping a lookout. They don't really come up often in the second hand market in HK eh? Budget would be $300k. Prefer SC430 over Soarer. Haha, for pretty much the same reasons you listed.

Black, silver is fine... deep purple maybe not.

Sounds like the one you spotted is from the famous Tin Hau dealer... funny thing is it's been on the market for 2 months+ already.

When i say deep purple, its more of a deep maroon kinda colour... Although on the vehicle registration it says black... to me its not proper black...

Yeh, the one I saw was from Vins motors or something? but they dont have the best reputation amongst dealers...

How about White? ive got a contact who told me he has a white one but waitin to get more details off him...

To be honest... 2 1/2 months isnt too bad... they are not the easiest of cars to shift in HK...with more local people opting for mercedes benz's or bmw's over a SC430...

Let me get back to u on it..

Yeh its a very deep maroony/purple... not black black....dont think they have proper black, even though the registration says black. Perhaps im a little colour blind!!

Not much difference between Soarers and SC430's to be honest... if u can find a soarer for a good price, its worth considering... just make sure it passes a vehicle inspection etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links