Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 3 weeks later...

Mk1 towbar is not compatible - I have just fitted a westfalia unit from towequipe dot com - great price - good tech support also - unit fits really well with no bumper cut also - bravado only went part way though - bought the wiring kit from Lexus Aberdeen - easy to install but lots of trim to come off down passenger side due to wiring back to relay box.

Mk1 towbar is not compatible - I have just fitted a westfalia unit from towequipe dot com - great price - good tech support also - unit fits really well with no bumper cut also - bravado only went part way though - bought the wiring kit from Lexus Aberdeen - easy to install but lots of trim to come off down passenger side due to wiring back to relay box.

Thanks for that information,I phoned my local towbar supplier and got a quote for £360 for a Whitter.I am pondering now whether to keep my Mk1 which has been trouble free for the 3 years i have owned it or move to the Mk2.Reading the posts about the Mk2 it seems there are plenty of members who are not very happy about the car owing to a lurching problem on the gearbox.I would be interested to hear the views of members who have gone from a Mk1 to a Mk2 ;)

I have a rx300 mk1 with a towbar.I am thinking of moving to the mk2 model could anyone please tell me if this towbar will fit the mk2 model

Hi,

Can't offer any advice I'm afraid but you may be able to help me. What make of towbar do you have on your Mk 1? Just bought a 2001 Mk 1 RX 300. Done 60K. I intend to tow with it. I have been quoted approx £500 to supply and fit a Brink detachable towbar with electrics, the suppliers (Indespension) tell me that Brink is the only company making towbars for the Mk 1 and that there is only one model available and that the electric socket and socket for the towball will be visible. Lexus want £750 for a detachable towbar along the same lines, I'm sure that is the same brink model. I would like one that is unobtrusive as possible, with nothing visible when the towball is detached, can you shed any light?

What sort of performance and mpg can I expext? Please break it to me gently. :crybaby:

many thanks

I have a rx300 mk1 with a towbar.I am thinking of moving to the mk2 model could anyone please tell me if this towbar will fit the mk2 model

Hi,

Can't offer any advice I'm afraid but you may be able to help me. What make of towbar do you have on your Mk 1? Just bought a 2001 Mk 1 RX 300. Done 60K. I intend to tow with it. I have been quoted approx £500 to supply and fit a Brink detachable towbar with electrics, the suppliers (Indespension) tell me that Brink is the only company making towbars for the Mk 1 and that there is only one model available and that the electric socket and socket for the towball will be visible. Lexus want £750 for a detachable towbar along the same lines, I'm sure that is the same brink model. I would like one that is unobtrusive as possible, with nothing visible when the towball is detached, can you shed any light?

What sort of performance and mpg can I expext? Please break it to me gently. :crybaby:

many thanks

I have a Mk 1 and I bought a towbar for it from Towsure. An excellent product which only took about 15 mins to bolt on. Even the electrics were simple taking about an hour to do. The only problem for you would be that it is not detachable.

The best thing was that the whole thing (brand new) only cost about £140

SJT

Hi,

many thanks

Hi,

I had a Brink detachable fitted 3 yrs ago, a nice neat job, cost me £460 so your quote seems about right,the sockets sit under the bumper on a bracket and are visible, i dont think it is possible for them to be out of sight but i would'nt call them obtrusive.

My van weighs 1400kg and the car pulls it effortlessly,as for mpg the camp site we like to use is nearly all motorway so i get about 25 mpg

Hope that helps

I have a Mk 1 and I bought a towbar for it from Towsure. An excellent product which only took about 15 mins to bolt on. Even the electrics were simple taking about an hour to do. The only problem for you would be that it is not detachable.

The best thing was that the whole thing (brand new) only cost about £140

SJT

Hi,

I had a Brink detachable fitted 3 yrs ago, a nice neat job, cost me £460 so your quote seems about right,the sockets sit under the bumper on a bracket and are visible, i dont think it is possible for them to be out of sight but i would'nt call them obtrusive.

My van weighs 1400kg and the car pulls it effortlessly,as for mpg the camp site we like to use is nearly all motorway so i get about 25 mpg

Hope that helps

Thanks to both for the info will post an update when the job is done, will go for the Brink.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links