Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone help me on getting the boot lid open. Someone went to my car and into the boot when I went out later the lid will not open no matter what method I have tried (key fob, internal release or manual key). I suspect that the muppet has got a bag strap trapped in the internal catch!

Does anyone know another method of manually opening the boot on a LS430?

Thanks

Hi,

Im not 100% sure because ive only owned the mk1 LS.

It might be worth checking the disable the boot release function thats inside the car.On the mk1 you put the key in and turned it to allow the boot to be opened with the remote and with the boot release function.On the right hand side of the steering wheel inside the car.

Hi,

Im not 100% sure because ive only owned the mk1 LS.

It might be worth checking the disable the boot release function thats inside the car.On the mk1 you put the key in and turned it to allow the boot to be opened with the remote and with the boot release function.On the right hand side of the steering wheel inside the car.

Thanks for that but I have tried all the options mentioned in the hand book including the internal valet lock system, master key in the boot, boot release on master key fob and push button open on boot for keyless entry. None of these work and it now requires someone with the knowledge to open this using a workshop method not mentioned in the hand book!

After a little frustration I told my son to sit on the boot and managed, with a little force, to turn the key in the boot to get it to spring open (once my son had been removed). As thought, my rugby muppet mate had slammed the boot lid with a web handle of a carry bag across the catch system. It was closed but the soft door was trying to get it the last few millimeters to be tight.

Moral of the story is, ensure nothing is causing an obstruction across the lock mechanism when closing the boot lid!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links