Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Story So Far..............

Buzzz

Well, after nearly 10 years of being a Volkswagen man I took delivery of my Lexus IS-250 SEL MM Auto on the 31st October, detailed below is my experience so far, a tail of woes I am sure you will agree.

Car collected, presented to me in an internal hand over room, actually made me feel rather special and a feeling of importance. My local Dealer had also fitted a rear spoiler and rear tints had been done by a 3rd party but had all been looked after by the Dealer, at this point felt rather proud and confident that I had made the right decision.

Got the car home and noticed a few things: -

Front drivers side scuff plate did not light up

Front drivers side fog light did not work

Front a-pillar trim broken

Both b-pillar trims damaged

Radio had severe interference when the heated rear switch was pressed

Drivers seat damaged

Rear scuff plates different, one was black rubber and the other was stainless steel

The car was booked in for the Lexus Dealer to do a seatbelt recall and I thought fix these faults. When I got there the Service Department had no record of the faults, so I then had to sit there and take them through the story so far. After 2 days the car was returned, when I looked at the car again they had missed most of the minor points, had tried to repair the seat but you could still see the damage, they couldn't replicate the fault on the radio.

This was very dissapointing from the number 1 in the JD Power survey, something that had been very important when deciding which car to buy.

To then insure that I was not going mad with the radio fault I actually recorded what was happening on my telephone to prove that there really was a fault.

So, the car went back in on the 18th December to have the following work: -

Front a-pillar trim to be repaired

Passenger side b-pillar trim to be replaced

Drivers seat to be replaced

Rear windscreen to be replaced (to correct the radio fault)

Rear scuff plate (the rubber one) to be replaced with the correct trim

Fit side bumpers as a goodwill gesture. I provided the bumpers, they would fit them.

The car also had a recall on the sat nav?

So, after many days of waiting, not really their fault I collected the car, the guy at the Service Department I believe was very sincere and had actually taken it upon himself to ensure everything had been done. I just felt really let down after spending so much money.

In my communication with the Dealership I did say that I did not want to have to bring this car in until it needed it's first service after having all of this work done. Unfortunately the car will have to go back in as the disk they changed for the sat nav is faulty and has to be replaced.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In summary, I love the car, but I have neaver had so much wrong with a car in such a short time, in fact it has been off the road for more than 15% of the current ownership time.

Your comments would be apprieciated, also any suggestions of who I could write to at Lexus GB. I think the Dealer has been fairly reasonable but I just feel Lexus GB need to know that this owner of this car feels that you should not believe all of the hype?

Sorry to hear this on a new car. I guess some of the damage may habe been caused by the set belt recall if it needed it and maybe the squeaks in the driver seat meaning a seat out job to modify. Ask them if they did these it might explian. But a PDI should have shown all the obvious faults without you having to find them.

We normally say name and shame.

Not a good start, but all these things are fixable and in a year's time you'll have forgotten the hassle and just be enjoying your car...

About 6 years ago I took delivery of a brand-new Vectra DI. I had it for 6 months, but only actually had it available for driving for 3 months. The rest of the time it was in the garage with serious engine problems!

Who is your Lexus dealer - as long as what you have said above is factually true, there is no reason not to give the name out on here unless you don't want to (which I can understand). But at the least, it sounds like a very poor PDI was done.

Mike

I'm sorry to hear what I hope is an isolated and unfortunate incident.

As a proud Lexus owner for nearly three years now I'm extremely suprised at this poor level of service.

Both the service and quality of products for me have been nothing but 110%.

I hope your luck increases.

I'm really sorry to hear this too - I would not have been happy if I had bought a £30k+ car brand new, and found it to look like that when I got home.

If they don't get it sorted asap, make sure to name and shame the dealer as they are clearly just being useless.

The thing that worries me more than the standard of the PDI is that the car even came like that in the first place - what's happened to Lexus' quality control at the factory :o

sorry to hear of your bad experience. i know when my car was in 4 d factory seatbelt recall i spoke to the dealer prior 2 d work being done expressing a concern over any possible resulting ractles r damaged/dirty trim. i said dat i was aware of dis happening 2 sum people from dis website. he took it upon himself to check it was done right and checked it again wit me when i got d car bak.

I'm sorry to hear what I hope is an isolated and unfortunate incident.

As a proud Lexus owner for nearly three years now I'm extremely suprised at this poor level of service.

Both the service and quality of products for me have been nothing but 110%.

I hope your luck increases.

I will not name and shame because I don't think these forums should be used for that. However, if anyone does know who I could contact at Lexus GB as I would like to let them know how I have been let down by one of their authorised dealers. So, has anyone got any contacts?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links