Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 1993 Car Phone Help

I have a 1993 LS400

It doesnt have a car phone, but does look like it did have at some point in its life, in the front centre armrest, as there are screw holes and a connector block for the wires.

Also in the roof lining in the rear are 2, yes 2 aerial connectors.

1, does anyone know where i can get a phone to put back into it?

2, does anyone know where the connector block runs to, in the car, i,e part to stereo part to rear aeriel?

3. does anyone know why there are 2 aeriel connectors under the roof lining?

Any help would be appreciated before i go and pull the car apart trying to find out.

Many thanks

Simon

I am only speculating but it is possible that your LS had an aftermarket phone system instead of a dealer installed Lexus phone system. When I had an aftermarket phone system installed on my first LS in 1990, the installer insisted on using his own phone antenna cable rather than trying to use the existing factory installed phone antenna cable. So, I ended up having two phone antenna cables at the top center of the rear window.

The main ECU of the Lexus phone system on U.S. specification LS400's was installed in the trunk (or boot, LOL) but I do not know where on the early LS400. On the U.S. spec 2000 LS400 like I currently have, the dealer installed Lexus phone ECU was under the floor on the right side of the trunk just forward of the navigation system hard drive. On both my previous 90 LS400 and current 2000 LS400, there are connectors for the phone system under the air vents you can see when you raise the front armrest.

Several U.K. companies including Dashmount can supply a mute lead which can make it fairly straight forward to install an aftermarket phone kit in a U.K. spec LS400 - mutes the radio during a call, plays the call audio through the door speakers and powers the phone kit. The mute lead plugs into your radio's amplifier. http://www.dashmount.co.uk/

mine has an aftermarket unit built in minus the phone not Bluetooth so I went for hands free Bluetooth so no wiring issues,

carphone warehouse are doing a very good deal at the moment for £75 fitted its Bluetooth but speaker wired in,

I like the mobile Bluetooth unit because you can use it in the office or at home worth thinking about

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links