Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Traction Control Problem

DJC

hello all

whilst in a very heavy traffic que yesterday my traction control light came on and started flashing. when i tried to accelerate there was no power at all in the rear wheels, i could move but only very slowly. i can turn the engine off and then get power again but only until i stop, then i get no power again. the service light is also lighting up.

please can anyone point me in the right direction as to what the problem is? could it be a minor problem? what is the worst case scenario? can anyone other than lexus fix this? (i am a bit skint at the moment).

any help is much appreciated.

thanks

hi daz

yes it just started flashing when i was queuing in traffic. i was queuing for a long time, driving a few yards and stopping again, then it happened.

how much am i looking at to get someone to the ecu errors?

thanks for the quick reply.

two lights come on when i start her up;

1 - TRC OFF (this flashes)

2 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp (this stays on)

the thing is i cant really drive it to a garage because it cuts the power as soon as i pull up at lights or behind traffic, think i will have to get it towed. just really wanted an idea of what the problem could be before i go.

cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links