Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At risk of sounding chavvy, I think the rear lights on the Mk II GS models are extremely dull and make the whole back end look rather like the back end of a Mk I Toyota Avensis - ie flabby and dull.

My IS, by comparison, has interesting rear lights which make the car stand out. Indeed, you can buy similarly styled rear lights for many cars these days. Does anyone make nicer style lights for the GS to smarten up the rear view of the car?

Mike

You're on about the pre facelight MK2 cars, know what you mean though.

You can get a new set from Toyota which are nice, even better than the one's on the IS I reckon (have to say that don't I now) as they're really different and blend in with the back of the car just like the one's on the IS do. They're also staggered so look really cool from the side as you've got two levels of light source!

Old on the left - new on the right - on Brettster's car:

gallery_1544_23_53393.jpg

img0646mh2.jpg

And some third party LED ones which are nice too - these images are of Paul Reece's car:

gallery_11429_230_640550.jpg

gallery_11429_230_663471.jpg

They do transform the backend though, like you say they are VERY similar to the backend of an Avensis!

Yay - that's exactly the sort of thing I was hoping would appear!

Those LED lights are nice on Paul Reece's car - I really like the clear indicators etc - looks so much more modern!! Any idea where they came from?

Just gotta get my arm better now so I can start looking in earnest for a 430.

cheers

Mike

Yeah they're from Prolex mate, can't remember the exact name of the company that produces them but there are various styles being released, like you say they look really nice, amazing how something so simple makes such a change in the styling, saying that I saw a new Avensis last night with what looked like LED rears and that looked different again too!

If you're interested in a 430 purely for the power may be worth you testing one of these Aristo's, ok some of the stuff is in Japanese but these bad boys fly!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links