Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 - A Couple Of Questions

Just traded in my LS400 for a 2002 LS 430 and wondered if anyone could help with the following:

Have tested all the electrical stuff and everything seems to work fine bar the heated seats which don't seem to get very warm (front or rear) also the front seats are supposed to blow cool air through but again this doesn't seem to work that well.

I have examined the filters which are underneath the front seats but they don't appear to be that old (car has covered 50k.)

Perhaps I'm just being impatient and they take a while to heat up/cool down?

Hoping somebody with the same car could advise me.

Second query is regarding the fitting of a hands free kit, I was looking at the Parrot CK3200.

Has anybody on the board had one of these or similiar fitted to their LS?

A couple of things I read suggested that the installation might cost a bit more due to the Mark Levinson stereo setup in the LS.

I'm not too worried about that but more concerned about any adverse effects on the stereo and/or wiring.

If anybody can recommend a company/individual to fit one of these I'd be most grateful.

Steve

Just traded in my LS400 for a 2002 LS 430 and wondered if anyone could help with the following:

Have tested all the electrical stuff and everything seems to work fine bar the heated seats which don't seem to get very warm (front or rear) also the front seats are supposed to blow cool air through but again this doesn't seem to work that well.

I have examined the filters which are underneath the front seats but they don't appear to be that old (car has covered 50k.)

Second query is regarding the fitting of a hands free kit, I was looking at the Parrot CK3200.

A couple of things I read suggested that the installation might cost a bit more due to the Mark Levinson stereo setup in the LS.

I'm not too worried about that but more concerned about any adverse effects on the stereo and/or wiring.

If anybody can recommend a company/individual to fit one of these I'd be most grateful.

Steve

The seats do take a while to reach a decent temperature, say 10-15 mins. With regards to the front air conditioned ones as long as you have turned the one you want on or both to cold they should work immediately as i beleive this is obtained from the heater. Try running the car for a bit (if you want warm air, as cold air should be immediate)

I have 2 of these vehicles. With regards to Bluetooth, sorry i can't help as one of mine has it fitted as standard. Hope the above helps!?

They do seem to take a while to head or cool. My front seats don't heat up nearly as quickly as the back seats do; because in the back the heating element is right under the leather. You may have to clean the filters periodically (apparently they are very expensive to replace) but it's a more subtle effect.

I actually did this last year. I ended up building a custom wiring harness to connect to the car's stereo system. It was a lot of work but I really like having it. A company here in the US has started offering adapters to the Lexus/Toyota wiring harness for Parrot kits. I haven't used one but it might be worth contacting them:http://www.parrotkits.com. I think you may have to wire an external speaker.

Here's the link to my writeup in the US forums....maybe you will find it useful.

The Parrot 3200 is a great kit; although you may want to place the microphone closer to your face than I did..sometimes people say I sound a little muffled on the phone.

Good luck!

Just wanted to add that I have fully working hot/cold seats :)

As mentioned on here the effect is quite subtle and it takes a few minutes before you feel warm or cool air.

That means I have now tested absolutely everything on the car and there isn't a thing that doesn't work....a first for me!

Just wanted to add that I have fully working hot/cold seats :)

As mentioned on here the effect is quite subtle and it takes a few minutes before you feel warm or cool air.

That means I have now tested absolutely everything on the car and there isn't a thing that doesn't work....a first for me!

Well; haven't things moved along since the days of opening the windows for air, or wearing three layers in winter!

Enjoy the car. I must try MY heated seats (Ser 4 LS400) though I never feel bothered even at 6 a.m.!

Envy the Levinson kit (though the standard kit is pretty good! And I'm a hi-fi fan!) :)

"Envy the Levinson kit (though the standard kit is pretty good! And I'm a hi-fi fan!) "

The only thing which the series 4 lacks is the lovely 280watt premium Nakamichi sound system found on the series 1, 2 & 3 LS400s. On the Series 4 there is 190watt Lexus Pioneer sound system (still 7 speakers with the sub on the rear shelf)…but it still sounds very nice.

Does the 2004 facelift LS430 also have 11 speakers or are there more than 11 ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links