Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I bought a LPG converted GS3000. The problem is that when it's idle at the lights there's a Constant vibration in the car, it starts shaking a little but When i switch it to petrol it's fine.

Ive just put some new high spec Denso plugs in, and it runs brilliantly other wise.

Can someone please Help!

Hi

I bought a LPG converted GS3000. The problem is that when it's idle at the lights there's a Constant vibration in the car, it starts shaking a little but When i switch it to petrol it's fine.

Ive just put some new high spec Denso plugs in, and it runs brilliantly other wise.

Can someone please Help!

Hi

A couple of questions for yourself:-

Do the revs fluctuate up and down at idle aswell? Or does it idle solid at 750rpm or there abouts?

Does it do this when its cold, when warm or all the time?

What LPG system have you got fitted and how long has it been fitted?

What year/shape GS300 is it?

Thanks for your reply Was.

Do the revs fluctuate up and down at idle aswell? Or does it idle solid at 750rpm or there abouts?

Yes the Revs fluctuate at idle aswell, sometimes going below 750rpm otherwise it stays solid but with the shaking.

Does it do this when its cold, when warm or all the time?

It's the same all the time.

What LPG system have you got fitted and how long has it been fitted?

BiGas sequential only installed 2 days ago. What the guy at the garage is saying is that it might be the cylinders or injectors

What year/shape GS300 is it?

It's a 1997 MK1 Sport

Again thanks for your help.

Hi, was it working fine before you changed the plugs? As I have heard that a specfic set of plugs should be used.... Im not fully aware but I have read it some where and if I can dig it up i will post it up.

From what I can remember is said that when you do a service and change the plugs you should replace them with the same type....

hope this helps

If it ran perfectly well before the gas conversion then its surely the LPG thats the cause, i cant see the cylinders or injectors doing this.

I have a 1994 GS300 SE with LPG. Havnt driven it too much as yet but it runs pretty solidily with LPG. Iv noticed that the LPG robs the car of some serious power in mine but otherwise it doesnt cause a problem.

As with the temprature thing, mine starts on petrol, then switches to gas when its warm enough. Sometimes however it changes over to gas too quick whilst the car is still cold and then it can start to judder and hesitate until it warms up. Switching it back to petrol normally sorts it out.

Any car that has rough idle when running on gas when its nice and warm has a problem with the LPG.

I would get the car nice and warm with a long drive then park it up. If it shakes and idle then switch is over onto petrol. If that makes it stop then its definatly your LPG system. If it shakes with petrol aswell then we're looking at something else.

I rang up today and it seems that two of the plug leads were faulty and two cylinders wernt working properly. I'll let you know how it goes today.

The cars fine on petrol so it must be the LPG but if the plug leads were faulty then it would do the same on petrol right?

Also the cars done 83000 miles and after all this trouble i was thinking of selling it because it might give me more trouble with the LPG.

I think you will find that when on LPG it puts slightly more demand on the plugs /leads.

The plugs should be changed more often when you have LPG as opposed to the normal plug change on petrol

I rang up today and it seems that two of the plug leads were faulty and two cylinders wernt working properly. I'll let you know how it goes today.

The cars fine on petrol so it must be the LPG but if the plug leads were faulty then it would do the same on petrol right?

Also the cars done 83000 miles and after all this trouble i was thinking of selling it because it might give me more trouble with the LPG.

I think you will find that when on LPG it puts slightly more demand on the plugs /leads.

The plugs should be changed more often when you have LPG as opposed to the normal plug change on petrol

these would be Ideal and rated for LPG cars NGK plugs

TY guys, Iv'e put some Denso High spec plugs which cost £75.00 it should do at least 40.000 without any problem. It turns out that it wasn't the plugs or leads, two of the gas injectors are faulty.

Anyone have any idea about this BIgas system that he's installed. Seems to me that it's pretty :tsktsk:

I think BiGas is one of the better known ones, Romano being another one. Many of them seem to share the same ECU (the AEB one), albeit with different firmware.

TY guys, Iv'e put some Denso High spec plugs which cost £75.00 it should do at least 40.000 without any problem. It turns out that it wasn't the plugs or leads, two of the gas injectors are faulty.

Anyone have any idea about this BIgas system that he's installed. Seems to me that it's pretty :tsktsk:

Told you it would be the gas. Plugs and leads would make it run rather crap, but not shake it around. and they would also cause it to shake when running on petrol aswell, hence why i asked what it ran like on petrol.

To be perfectly honest with you, it could just be a case of trial and error for the first couple of weeks till it gets sorted mate. Its only new and he may never have installed it on another GS300 before. I wouldnt sell it just yet, id see what happens in the next month or so.

Ill have to wait untill he's fitted the new injectors and see how it goes. Should i expect any kind of noise or sounds after the conversion other that loosing some performance? i ask because sometimes i can hear a clear whistle sound coming from the engine when it's on gas.

Again thanks everyone, i don't know where i'd be with a lexux without this Forum.

The whistle may have been down to the injectors. See what it's like when you get it back.

If it's sluggish on gas he should be able to tweak the LPG ECU mapping to bring the performance up a bit.

Ill have to wait untill he's fitted the new injectors and see how it goes. Should i expect any kind of noise or sounds after the conversion other that loosing some performance? i ask because sometimes i can hear a clear whistle sound coming from the engine when it's on gas.

Again thanks everyone, i don't know where i'd be with a lexux without this Forum.

Yeah my engine makes a noticeably higher pitched sound like a slight whistle when running on gas aswell, so i think thats all normal. It must be the way the gas is injected in as opposed to the petrol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links