Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lots Of Questions For Gs300

Hiya Fellas,

Well, Ive it now, my lovely MK2 GS300 Sport is sitting outside :)

Id like to run a few questions by some of the audio and electronics guys on here.

To be honest the stereo in the GS is fantastic for a stock system, but Ive always loved my stereos and feel in can always be improved upon.

What Id like to do is fit the following:

Pioneer AVMP6400CD

Pioneer DVD Changer

Pioneer CD Changer

Pioneer DAB Tuner

Pioneer Nav System

Dension MP3 thingy

But to be honest I'm not fussed about the rest of the system.

My screen has a 4x50w tuner in it or I could use the stock amp.

I've had a look through this forum and it seems hardly anyone has changed the system in a GS in the UK.

I am after more choice with the stock system (cd, dvd, nav etc) - not bothered about the rest of the sound, as I said I am quite happy with it although the mids sound a bit dull.

Autotoys sell a nice faceplate now, but what do I need to either bypass the stock amp using the headunit or wire the headunit to the amp?

Help would me much appreciated...

Gaz.

Hi there,

What I want to do is detailed in my post, I want to fit a Pioneer in-dash screen as the headunit and want it to work with all the factory wiring if possible...

Im hoping the Lexus has a similar system to my Supra where its simply an autoleads harness bypasses the stock amp so you can plug the H/U straight in to the stock speakers...

Gaz.

You don't say whather you have SatNav or not??

If you don't, it should be pretty straightforward to change the bits as you describe, although dependent on where you want to locate the peripherals, you may or may not be able to use the factory wiring. You'll probably want to change the speakers too, as the standard one are pretty poor quality 4inch ones with passive crossovers.

If you've got SatNav, I'd say it's a non-starter - the interface between the touch screen, hifi, and SatNav system is a Lexus-proprietary serial interface and I'd be surprised if you can get it to interface with your system.

If you're looking at the Dension, there's a range of CD interfaces available now, and you might want to pick a head unit that will talk to the dension.

HTH

Rodders,

Thanks for the reply.

I dont have Sat Nav.

The screen will be up front (everything is built into this 1-din unit, on board amp et al).

The NAV, changers etc will all be running in the boot off the Pioneer IP bus system so it shouldn't be a problem?

All I need to know is how to connect the headunit up to the speakers either via the stock amp or the internal Pioneer h/u amp... Anyone?

Cheers :)

Gaz.

All I need to know is how to connect the headunit up to the speakers either via the stock amp or the internal Pioneer h/u amp... Anyone?

np Gaz

I'd pick up the speaker wiring harness from the main amp, which is located behind the glovebox. I have a wiring diagram if you need one - let me have your email address and I'll send it to you.

Thanks Rodders.

My addy is mail@gareth/walker/.com

When you say pick up the wires what do you mean - use the stock amp or use the pioneer h/u amp?

Will I have to make an ISO adaptor for my car or is something available off the shelf (either here or in the states?)

Gaz

email edited by me...mat, to stop bots reading the email

Edited by Supracharged-IS340

You'd probably want to use the head unit amp (if it has one that's powerful enough) as the stock amp probably won't have enough inputs and how would you switch it from your non-stock head unit?

What I meant about speaker wiring is that if you want to use the car's existing speaker wiring, the speakers are obviously connected to the stock amp, and you can connect your head unit's speaker outputs to the wiring there - you'll have to modify the connectors though - but should be easy enough.

I'd be very surprised if you can get an off the shelf ISO adaptor - you're gonna to have to make one up I reckon - but if you're going to pick up the speaker wiring at the amp then you only need power(perm & switched), earth, antenna and phone mute

I see. Time to get the pro's in :D

I am alright at doing this stuff but I dont feel confident enough to do this in the lexus (esp having to make my own harness!)

I am up in Newcastle but will travel to someone whos done this before. Would any of the companies (or individuals for that matter) like to sort me out? :)

Gaz.

the way to doit is to buy an autoleads PC2-17-4 you then nead to cut this in half the speaker wires on the lead make them longer to reach from the head unit to the amp.

power leads the red ingnition pick up at the cigret lighter under the radio the yellow memory at the bck of the air heating controls and the dimmer is ther also

the blue antena is in a 3 way plug at the back of the stock radio it eaither black/red or black/siver this only put the anttena to the first position but thats fine.

it not hard and if you want if you pm me for my number i can guide you through it on the phone or if you fance a drive to weston-super-mud i will do it for you.

facia is not a problem i can supply yopu with one single din with a pocket. £60

James

• 4 months later...

New to this I'm afraid.....

From earlier replies, Rodders if you have a wiring diagram for the Amp for the GS300 (2002) I would like a copy (chris@chrisrichardson.fsnet.co.uk). I am trying to install an Ericsson car kit but as before the connections are not easy (ISO etc). I don't mind breaking into the harness after the amp but need the diagram and also how to mute lead connection to mute all the other speakers.

Comments appreciated.

/Chris

Rodders_UK / Anyone who can help,

Please can you also send the audio wire diagram to me (duncan@rolfe.co.uk).

Quick question....

Is the output from the CD changer single or balanced? Is it a simple as installing a switch inline with out audio output of the cd changer to take sound from a MP3 player?

Thanks

Duncan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links