Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex Stage 1 Brake Upgrade Fitting

I have orderd the Prolex Stage 1 Brake Upgrade kit for my GS300 and it should be with me in the next couple of days. I phoned Lexus Woodford to have them fitted as I have always taken it there for servicing (even the 60,000 service and cambelt change :sick: ) and was informed that they couldn't do it as the parts I am supplying arn't genuine Lexus parts. I then tried Lexus Hatfield who were more than happy to fit them for me. They said they can't guarentee the parts which is fine but they are still happy to fit them. Does anyone know why one dealer will do this and another wouldn't? It kind of makes me want to change dealers when it comes to servicing.

I'd guess Woodford were being over cautious & didn't want to do its as they can't guarantee/warrantee the parts or the installation as to them its an unknown venture ;)

Hatfield are obviously daredevils in disguise :lol:

Thanks for your response Janey.

If that may be the case, then Woodford are more than happy for you to supply your own oil (even though I supplied my own oil last time, not that they used it :tsktsk: ). Why not brakes? Seems a little daft to me.

Thanks for your response Janey.

If that may be the case, then Woodford are more than happy for you to supply your own oil (even though I supplied my own oil last time, not that they used it :tsktsk: ). Why not brakes? Seems a little daft to me.

True, it does seem daft, but I guess at the end of the day they all make up their own rules :blink:

They probably look at the fact that oil is oil, comes in a marked container bearing a well known brand name so they know all about it, and probably have a giant container they put all the left overs in for servicing other cars that don't supply their own oil :whistling:

so I guess its all about the unknown

Have you tried speaking to a manger about this?

Advise them that Lexus Hatfield are more than happy to fit them for you, so why can't they?

Explain that you understand they can't guarentee the parts which is fine by you and make them aware

you are a loyal customer.

You will be very impressed with the brakes.

You may need to change your front springs as the car will dip a lot more when braking.

Note, before you brake make sure the person behind you has enough space stop aswell!

I have had a few people nearly go into the back off me because they can't stop that quick. :)

You luck with getting your brakes fitted

Regards

Paul.

Many thanks for your comments.

I have already booked my car in at Hatfield for the brakes to be done. Kind of makes me wonder how much Woodford want my business.

Thanks for the heads up with the brakes as well. I am looking to do my ROSPA advanced driving test in my GS in the next couple of months. I didn't want the examiner pulling the plug on the test because the brakes were shot. Gets embarising when your steering wheel wobbles undre braking.

Thaks again for your comments.

I am looking to do my ROSPA advanced driving test in my GS in the next couple of months. I didn't want the examiner pulling the plug on the test because the brakes were shot. Gets embarising when your steering wheel wobbles undre braking.

Thaks again for your comments.

Good luck with your advance driving, just make sure you have a box of tissues handy!

For the examiners nose bleed when you brake :whistling:

All the best

Paul.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links